Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 337 - Premonition

Dex-chan lover
they really need to relax for a bit man so intense. not that I hate it looking how cute they are

Dex-chan lover
I always find it interesting when authors and artists include something like a work of art that is supposed to be better than anything they could make themselves. It could be an issue from lack of skill or simply they imagined something that can't exist. Sort of like Tenacious D's "Tribute" to the greatest song.

I'm not sure what to expect out of this picture, but I'm doubting it will be a gag stick figure image.

Dex-chan lover
The comments have been going he and she, but the last several chapters since Beem's introduction have remained gender neutral. Hmm, is the author pulling a Ditto?

The torso section of the uniform resembles the girls, but it's a different color, and there's no bow(probably personal preference on Beem's part).
The bottom half are pants. Well, the dress code probably doesn't say that the girls have to wear skirts.

Dex-chan lover
This was a nice and relaxing chapter showing everyone working together...

...before the horror strikes into the hearts of every demon and causes wicked things to happen.

Dex-chan lover
The return of the delinquent outfit Alice! Also the next Devidol games will be so hype in like four years...
I can see the author abstaining from another Harvest Festival like arc in terms of length, probably until the manga is nearing towards it's actual end (I'd assume it ends with HS graduation and some epilogue / outro of Iruma actually becoming the Maou.) Writing an arc that spans for like 4 volumes, which is almost an entire year's worth of weekly releases is quite a feat, in terms of writing prowess probably an epic. At the same time it's taxing for the author to write a gargantuan cohesive piece. In manga, it's very, very rare that an author decides to chain arcs of such epic proportions, pun intended. It's both draining from them to write, as well as for the readers to keep up (uh, what happened like 40 chapters ago? So you know, when I knocked up the wife and the baby has been born recently, you don't really remember what happened at the start of the Harvest Festival at chapter 40~~).

I also do believe the author is growing as an artist while writing Iruma, and I do not just mean their illustrated art, which you can compare to earlier volumes and find details that have gotten more pronounced. In terms of actual drawing skills, iirc Rave Master had the biggest sudden leaps of improved art quality from what I remember (around chapter 60ish Mashima decided to git gud at drawing speedrun any%). You can pretty much see how it went from Comiket Doujin newbie to Well-known Doujin creator to Reputable Magazine quality Mangaka within the span of some dozens of chapters. And now you probably only know Mashima because of Fairy Tail or Eden's Zero.

TLDR:
Those Devidol games might be closer than you think. I'll go out on a limb and say we're getting them summer 2025.

Tbf, this arc is super hype. Length-wise I expect it'll be in the ballpark of what we got for the music festival, so around 10-15 more chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Another year, another disaster that iruma is going to cause and then also prevent/fix because his school club is a bunch of goblins.

I missed this. This was nice. Feels like it's been ages since we've had a chapter that just feels nice like this

Users who are viewing this thread