Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 351 - To New Lands

Aggregator gang
So they have to be impartial for Scala but Ameri literally worked for her dad?

Makes sense
My guess is that they only allowed that to happen because even though Ameri’s dad did look after her test, he doesn’t dote on her like Sullivan does to Iruma. Even in some of the chapters with them interacting, it almost seemed like they were “business” rather than just family.

Dex-chan lover
Shame previous actions don't count. Iruma has done a lot of good for the netherworld. He saved the school from a bombing, saved civilians in the amusement park from a terrorist attack, and stopped a civil war between the Crowns and Three Families.
Tbf, the thirteen crowns (a majority of them anyway) only know about the park situation and while Iruma saved it, he wasn't the only one who did, as there was also his classmates and teachers who played a role in saving it. So it's not too surprising his other feats weren't counted, and he has to perform a new feat in the presence of a thirteen crown.

Aggregator gang
Silvia remains as adorable as ever here.

And of course there's fine print, no way they'd let it be that easy to just rank up through school events or there would be way more higher ranked staff. Hell, if he got to 6 he'd probably be the same rank or just barely under some of the teachers in the school.

This also explains a little bit as to why we had that whole little beach adventure, to introduce Mephisto into the story so he'd play a role here in king Iruma's founding... That being said, isn't it bad for a student to literally miss a month of schooling at the minimum? Even if it is for a rank up?
Probably but the test is a pretty big deal. I mean thats basically like university grade type stuff since ranks are everything in the demon world

Dex-chan lover
I see a new angle for memphisto now thats good but man so many holes in this shit show writing (add ameri getting her 6th by working for her family lineage profession while iruma cant do the same)

Just get rid of that bullshit nonsense and pick a better lame excuses for the plot lmao its not that hard

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping we'd get an explanation about where the line is drawn for what the school can provide. It seemed WAY too easy for demons to just keep gaining ranks through something like the battler party. Considering that most teachers, that we know the rank of, are rank 7, it would be weird for them to be able to promote students to the same rank or higher, there had to eventually be a funnel point where the requirements are just too high for it to be that easy. Mephisto's statement to Iruma makes me wonder further about his affiliations. On the one hand, it seems feasible that he is working with Baal, on the other hand, it could also be possible that he has his own reasons to believe that Iruma has the potential to be the king (though I imagine he'll say something like "just kidding" or hand wave it as something connected to the thing Iruma is doing at the beginning of the chapter, but I imagine he'll prove to be more serious than he lets on.) Despite all the mystique around Mephisto, I'm not yet ready to believe he's another antagonist, he might be "working" with Baal, but, if so, I'm thinking it'll be similar to Hawks's situation in My Hero 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I fucking called it, it makes sense but it still feels like an ass pull because we weren't told about this before hand
Not entirely so, there were hints that it was a process when Ameri was talking about pursuing rank 6, she wouldn't have waited around so long to pursue the next rank if it was so easy to go from 5 to 6 (especially given her philosophy.)

Dex-chan lover
I see a new angle for memphisto now thats good but man so many holes in this shit show writing (add ameri getting her 6th by working for her family lineage profession while iruma cant do the same)

Just get rid of that bullshit nonsense and pick a better lame excuses for the plot lmao its not that hard
Considering her philosophies, it was probably just what Ameri did to prove herself, that doesn't mean that her father was the 13 crown that oversaw her exam.

Supporter
(add ameri getting her 6th by working for her family lineage profession while iruma cant do the same)
I mean mephisto explained it. You need to show that you are of benefit to the underworld to rank up. So sure Ameri father was the head of the border patrol. It doesn't mean her father oversaw her test, nor that the 13 crowns could not have agreed that her father is uncompromising,
and after all Ameri clans magic is best suited for this stuff so ofc she will do something along her father current job.

Also it should be clarified if she cought the criminal while under examination or prior. I think it was during the exam. Which explains why Iruma prior Archivments are not counted.

And I hope that this arc sets up the whole human becoming the demon lord. By not only having Iruma needing to directly work with the 13 crowns but also can set them up for either siding with Baal when he eventually reveals that he is a human, or stand up for him.
As having such a heavy fact dropped on the 13th crown and they just brush it off without a reason just to keep Iruma progressing to be the new demon lord, would be much worse writing imo.

So now IMO there will be a reason for 13th crowns to vote on Iruma the more he work directly with them. Not just hearing his feats on the news and the like.

I feel like Sylvia should have been the chosen representative from the get-go; sure Iruma wants to rise up the ranks but he and the rest of the group would have recognized what Sylvia had managed to accomplish

Iruma could instead then learn from Ameri that he wouldn't have been able to advance a rank anyway and she could explain how she got to rank 6.

Dex-chan lover
They really hoed my man and said we can’t promote you but we can give this paper that doesn’t help him in anyway possible anyways I know Iruma can pull this off but day care is crazy
I mean, I imagine there's normally a whole application process and a required letter of referral needed to be considered for the exam, the 13 crowns are generally pretty busy people, so I imagine it as being similar to applying for a major school, you'd need all sorts of things just to be considered 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread