Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 353 - Respect

Is Nova a boy or a girl? 🤔 Well either way if a girl, she will probably dubbed as one of Iruma's ever growing harem, and if a boy, he will probably dubbed as one of Iruma's loyal future subordinate like Azz-Azz.

Dex-chan lover
hate to mention another manga title, but she reminds me of the berserker from Unrivaled Heavy Knight manga

Double-page supporter
Tomboyish girl use ore too.
And it's pretty clear that if she is a girl, she is a tomboy and thus would use "ore".

It's like "watashi" or using your own name. First used mainly for girl, second for kid. But a girly boy will use watashi. And a kiddy grow up will use their own name.

Even more in japanese, Pronouns announce how someone present themselves, not what they "truly" are.
well... I'm simplifying a lot here for brevity's sake, but to speak of just the three most well-known pronouns, "watashi" is gender neutral, "boku" is masculine but with a youthful connotation, and "ore" is very manly. you're exactly right: pronouns are about presentation - especially when it comes to fiction, since they're a tool authors can use to communicate something to us about a character. in this case, nishi gave nova the "ore" pronoun to say "you should think of this character as being very masculine." in other words, if it turns out that nova is a girl, it will be a twist that defies the audience's expectations, not an ambiguity getting cleared up

just sayin' that no one should be too terribly surprised if words like "he" and "boy" get used in upcoming chapters since the pronoun choice tips things heavily (even if not definitively) in that direction

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, I dont think Iruma will be king by the end of this arc obviously but i'm theorizing they'll worship Iruma to a similar level like Delkira which is pretty funny and fitting

They dont have to subordinate to a higher ranking demon but follow him out of sheer loyalty, literally what Delkira was seen doing. Creating a new path where no demon has gone before

Creating a country would tick the interests of the other crowns especially if its by a 13 Crown and a candidate for the demon king. Very interested to see where this goes and how it all plays out

Dex-chan lover
I think that's the point, They'r intentionally setting him up to fail as no one is supposed to hit Vav in their second year.
Ameri achieved that rank in her second year. It's meant to be difficult and push them to prove themselves, but I don't think Mephisto is trying to intentionally sabotage Iruma, he seems to legitimately have high hopes for him (and probably sees him as someone fun to mess with.) This is a task that is possible, but requires creative ingenuity to figure out and make work (now that Mephisto has already laid the groundwork,) Iruma just needs to be able to prove he can do things worthy of the rank in the process.

If you ask me, this is going in the "boy" path, and suddenly puff, the big reveal, she would actually be a girl.

Dex-chan lover
Never did figure out Beem's gender. Now we got another one.
Darn you, Nishi! Why you confuse us so?

On another note: Did Iruma get teabagged, or... what is the female version of this term? Is it also teabag, or does that only apply to girls with large labia...
I'm way overthinking this...

Dex-chan lover
Okay, who wants to bet if Nova is a girl and a new Iruma admirer or follower? :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread