Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 11 Ch. 97 - Bachiko

Dex-chan lover
For the people saying he should grow a spine and that he's just leveled up as a doormat, I think the point is that he's annoyed at her calling him an idiot but believes that there has to be a reason she was assigned to him. She said that she's only there because Sullivan asked her to be, remember, not her little brother, so it's not something Robin went and did on his own. She's really supposed to be the tutor, and he'd believe in her trying to do what's best for him.

So he's like 'fuck this, I'm not just going to take this, I'm going to be the PERFECT servant!' and aggressively t-poses.
Plus he's from our world remember so he's probably at least heard of Karate Kid and the concept of being taught or tested without realising by people being dickwads.

@raven_freak

I mean if you look at what's tying her hair up there's kinda a hint...

Contributor
@UXLZ Good catch, I forgot that it was Sullivan’s request for her to do this, so Iruma isn’t just being too kind for the sake of it. There has to be a reason for that.

Even then, he still almost reached a point where he was going to vent. Then again, that’s the usual anime training arc.

Dex-chan lover
He spent his whole life doing this. Not going to give up now...hehehe

Dex-chan lover
If iruma does become the demon king which is where the plot seems to be headed it's pretty ironic that his time at school was trying to be the perfect servant lol

Dex-chan lover
"Bepis" "Too sweet" I mean, Basic Pepsi does suck, but not because of that.

Dex-chan lover
Look at that character development. Iruma is capable of being frustrated too now.

I wish he kept his hair tied back always.

Dex-chan lover
If you guys want to know why Bachiko's treating them like a doormat, I'll tell you.

She's messing with them. She's trying to make them leave and study under Robin instead.

The reason for that is another spoiler altogether.

Bachiko's training is too hard to tackle. Her standards are too high that nobody can reach there. All of her previous students fled because of that. They gave up midway then left. This traumatized her so much that she decided to never take in a disciple anymore.

Aggregator gang
@Koni Bachiko has a reason why she doesn't want to train anyone anymore, but our boy Iruma will make her to have a change of heart.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

She has the lamest reason to act like that. Really, her reason is the most unrealistic thing you could get for someone who is in education field

Dex-chan lover
@ArisatoMinato
1) This is the underworld and human standards don't apply very well to demons. The manga implies that demons have innate psychopathic tendencies and are generally more competitive and less altruistic

2) As you can see, she's probably no longer working as a professional educator for the very same reason.

Fed-Kun's army
I think she is about to see how stubborn Iruma can be. He seems gentle and a pushover, but when it comes to something he thinks of as important, he will not yield. Ever. He will push through and through even at the cost of his own safety (though he seems to have leaned to treat himself better)

And as for why Bachiko is chosen as his teacher:
from what I read from other spoilers (I don’t read raws), I suspect that Sullivan chose Bachiko for her own sake as much as for Iruma’s. I am a teacher myself so I know how a good attentive student can make you feel like teaching is worthwhile and less of a chore or a job you have to perform to earn money. I think Sullivan find it a pity a capable teacher is not using her ability to the fullest.

Users who are viewing this thread