Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 16 Ch. 140 - Welcome Home

Dex-chan lover
Her majesty! ♥
When they summoned sensei I thought they were drunk alredy. If you think about it, there is little attention to alcohol in the demon world. Kinda unusual.

Dex-chan lover
Note: While you can cook rice with no water left, it is actually quite a bad idea.
Rice, in raw state, has some chemicals outside made by the farmers to protect against insects and the like.
If you drain the rice, these chemicals are mostly washed off, while if you boil it until there is no water left, all these chemicals stay inside.
Also draining makes it easier, since you don't need to worry about the rice getting burnt.

Dex-chan lover
What rice are you using! Have you washed it and why does it have so much water left that you need to drain it? all these questions 😭

@panzerkampfwagyu that's why we wash the rice before we cook it haha i feel like the reverse is even worse because the rice absorbs some of that water. By that logic, the chemicals on the rice would be absorbed together with the water as the rice cooks.

I jump into the comments and find people discussing different methods of cooking rice. LOL

Anyways the way I do it is, I put in salt, olive oil and a chicken cube thingy whose name I forgot and let it boil, then I put in the rice and wait for it to cook .

I usually let it absorb more water since I like my rice to be sticky, though it comes to personal preference really.

I use cigala rice, the needle type, though I don't know if that's what you'd call it since needle is just the literal translation of " Agulha "

@panzerkampfwagyu I mean, you know right we didn't just pour water into rice and boiled it until it is dried, right? There's literally no sane people would do this sort of stuff or lest you'll be smacked by your mother. Before cooking the rice, the rice are usually washed and rinsed for several times before boiling it. Also, draining the rice after cooking it doesn't make it easier. It makes things more tedious and the rice would lose its consistency and becomes all mushy. Unless you're cooking rice grains like basmathy, then it is acceptable.

Dex-chan lover
That feeling of eating good cooked rice .

Also great ending to the arc Iruma never fails to be not wholesome.

Dex-chan lover
I just cook my rice with less water when making fried rice... Does that make me the weirdo?

I assume you didn’t use rice cooker. I’ve never cook rice on a stove before, so… why dafuq am I even commenting.

My head hurts just from thinking about the concept of “draining” rice.

I really like this arc. The training, reveals, and connections are my favorite aspects and they did it so well. The scenes were so gripping and touching.

Me reading the last page:
Yg35iRo_d.webp

Fed-Kun's army
The "I'm home" realy give a warm wrap up for the arc.

The credit. LOL. Thats BBC fried rice go south. Counting All my life as Asian add with my mom and my grandmas... never,Ever, we saw people cook their rice then drain and rinse it. Like some pasta. It made me think, maybe that europe way cooking rice on pot. Just use rice cooker, its easier.

As a sacred carbo to eat every single day, i could understand why people gone crazy about it.

Dex-chan lover
@R4nd0mus3r no, you're normal, cooking fried rice using fresh rice makes it very mushy. Slightly dry rice is perfect for fried rice

Supporter
Kudos to Misfit Scans for getting more reaction to their credits page gag than the chapter itself did.

Users who are viewing this thread