Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 17 Ch. 145 - The Teachers' Banquet

Dex-chan lover
As a teacher, I can assure you that our wrap-up parties are like that (minus the demon part)

@ToonRex

so did this
quXzuxa.jpg

I like that this series just every now and then reminds us that the faculty are accomplished demons in their own right and are likely not people to be trifled with despite most of them being depicted as otherwise mild tempered and goofy. Just a chapter or two ago we saw Robin, the wide-eyed newbie, blast a hole through Ocho, who thinks he was entirely concealed from detection, from the other end of the forest with a smile on his face. And now we have this old teachers' oath and has a tone from a much more chaotic time than what we see. And we also had the terrorists' supposed invincible magical beasts being effortlessly defeated by Kalego and Balam once they decided to actually step in.

I am hoping this tone remains as the antagonists make their moves more- I don't want to see this devolve into most of the other shonen action series out there, where the kids are ten times stronger and more competent than the adults charged with instructing them. I think it would be kind of interesting of a direction for Baal to have completely miscalculated the scale of power concentrated in this academy that could oppose his efforts to overthrow society, having erroneously presumed the demons that haven't sworn to him have all grown weak and soft in this current era of the demon world.

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy it's a demonic society, so a place where the strong eat the weak. So they're raising cattle for the strong demons? Is that it?

Dex-chan lover
Great to see that they wont forget the other students and not just focus on the misfit class and that they emphasise that they should not forget the regular students.

@SOL_rocks Except that's not the current shape of the demon world, it's been pretty overt about that; it's what Baal is plotting a revolution toward instead. The current status quo we've seen is pretty comfy with all sorts of norms and recreations designed to keep destructive urges in check, presumably it's the direction the previous demon king shaped it and it's been preserved as such in the absence of anyone else claiming the title; Baal we've seen thus far rejects this and wants to plunge the world back into one where the strong prey on the weak.

Aggregator gang
Nice chapter. Man, seeing the teachers get all intense was seriously chilling. Thanks again Misfits Scans.

Dex-chan lover
"Balam, I'm trying to sneak back home away from the party, but I'm dummy thick, and the slap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting them."

Thank you for the chapter Misfits! Also damn the teachers got pretty scary there, who would've thought that demons would be better suited to teaching than most humans. The more you know, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread