Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 21 Ch. 185 - The Evidol Games

Dex-chan lover
@Intruvious Like I said, your definition of what constitutes external is completely ambiguous. Consider that Spiderman loses his spider power when his spirit wavers. Or do you have the same gripe with Green Lantern who embodies Iruma's dependency in the ring to an extreme? Real life abilities like athletic, musical, and artistic skills will also fade or become rusty if you don't practice on a daily basis, or could flicker out suddenly when you suffer burnout. ANY power has weaknesses to be exploited, and if you want to play speculation, the worries are endless. The reliability and permanence of a power is so much more complicated than something as arbitrary as being considered "your own", especially since we have no idea just what is capable of taking that ring off Iruma.

So the netherworld calendar is more confusing than I thought. Closest calendar this relates to is the French Republican Calendar, whose “13th month” lasts 5-6 days instead of 13 days

My guess is the following:
January: 31, February: 29, March: 29, April: 29, May: 29, June: 29 or 30, July: 29, August: 29, September: 29, October: 29, November: 29, December: 31, 13th month: 13

I wish I had that sort of fire to retaliate whenever someone calls me ugly... 😂

Holy god creator of all that exists, what the hell is happening, I mean why people are piss off the yuri gang is quite bitchy in this comment section, and some people that don't like the new cross-dressing/idol shit or the new character is quite present too, to me is funny asf and I laughed so hard from this, the people who believes in 100+ genders defending a weak character that barely show up, just because she is lgbt (ignoring the fact that she is just a asshole) and accusing people of homofobia and etc. And the other side that are pissed off with the new character for a equally dumb reason. For me, I really don't care that much, I mean, story and character development isn't even the focus of this shit and is more of a funny to read manga, and despite I not being in the club that like the kind of joke "rock + girl = lesbian lol funny asf" it is not that bad (for people that enjoys this type of humor), and as long as this shit doesn't run out of the sole fucking point of the manga is totally fine, but honestly, to me, this new character makes a quite abrupt entering that is not enjoyable in my opinion, I will probably skip this entire arc not because of fear of a bunch of butthurted toxic people, or because of the new character, is simply because I fucking hate cross-dressing, and the main reason for I read this manga is because of iruma and amelie ship, but as far as I am seeing the author just wanna put sugar in my mouth, and I definitely will not wait 200+ chapters of mediocre history just for a kiss at best.

Dex-chan lover
@Lionhearte

To be fair, I don’t think that Gyari is poorly written as a character, but I would say she’s the type you’re meant to love to hate.

It’s not that we necessarily hate her because she’s a bad character because she serves a purpose and serves it well, it’s more that people act like she’s this deep or admirable character when she very clearly is not.

@Tamerlane dude you hit the very point of all this dumb discursion, people are romanticising with a newly introduce character that is a asshole and the only two reasons being that she is gay, and a minority of people that actually dislike her for being lesbian or because she hates iruma (and even that shouldn't be a reason to side up with a fictional character or being toxic, since people have the right to dislike a work be for whatever the reason) but again this is a comedy manga, wouldn't be surprised if she somehow with the power of relativeness, and the manlyness (or lack off) from iruma she get straightened up, would piss off a hella bunch of people and would be fucking hilarious, so I would get 2 for the price of one 👍🏼

Maaaaan am i the only one that thought that it makes sense when she said "for us demons it doesn't matter men or women"? this whole manga has a big do whatever you want vibe, even a lot of characters are pretty androgynous but it doesn't feel forced, cause they are not dressing or acting as men or women but how they like but even so not every character is like that which gives more variety

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane you wrote an entire essay, but yes you do have valid points, I was just trying to say that if this story gets its own personal spin without any form of abuse of LGBTQ+ I’m all for it as life is an adventure. Plus some people are into the evidolls personality as well even if they don’t say it. I just liked how she asked the Queen to marry her with no f***s given. Therefore if the mangaka gave us some rainbow I’m here for the extra dog food since Azazel sama and our MC aren’t making any real progress at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
Happy birthday bluespiderlily and aaron!

You know how sometimes you can feel exactly how a chapter will go and at every turn you're right and it's STILL good? This chapter was that for me

Aggregator gang
@Tamerlane
I was going to try and dispute your claim, however after re-reading and analyzing her introduction. I have to agree that she may be more static than I give her credit for, such as the way she acts now is implied to be that way from the start (Page 15, Kuromu's off hand remark "This is why we can't co-act" implies she had been this way since at least when Gyari is in the same group as Kuromu). Her background is still open for explanation as to why she is this way, however any moment where she is a better person than she is now is only available in her childhood (as part of her backstory) or after the arc through her redemption (If the author chooses to go that way).

It's worth noting that I find her attitude (aside from selfish and egotistical) to be also childish. As in she's not aware of other people's feelings or emotions. She has never returned any confession of love from her "harem" aside from head pats and arms around her hips (her reaction to Merun is indifferent with her only comment about her is "I picked her up"). Meanwhile she openly and frankly expressed her admiration for kuromu (granted Im not sure if it's genuine) and asked for kuromu's hand in marriage, multiple times. She doesn't seem to be aware that Kuromu's dream of becoming an Evildol and thinks she's better off being Gyari's lover. And she openly declares her ire and jealousy towards Iruma culminating in her calling him ugly.

Now thing is she noticed Lied wanting her autograph (and Lied does want her attention) and freely gave him that without any strings attached, no demands for him to leave Kuromu's group, nothing. She gave him what he wanted and thats it. This could mean that my previous paragraph is wrong and I'm stupid, or that she was unaware that Lied was also a part of Kuromu's group (which adds more to the previous paragraph).

In conclusion, I think that Gyari is more static than I thought. But I think there's still room for her to be redeemed by the end of the arc. Granted the Author could pull a Kirio on us and have her remain as a selfish, egotistical, womanizing(?) bitch.

Given how we've had a fake-out redemption arc with one of her implied allies in Ami Kirio
Wait did she get in contact with Kirio or the six fingers? Did I miss a detail?

Plus I think Kerori is gonna turn out to be a massive tsundere for Iruma based on how things are looking
As much as I want to disagree, I have to admit that her expression remained stone-faced towards Gyari while she expressed more emotion when she looked at Iruma and when she shook him off. I guess because I don't see this manga as having harem elements I don't consider Kerori having deeper romantic interest with Iruma.

Aggregator gang
@Tulkas
I thought it was a given. After all the manga has shown more "liberal" elements than it's counterparts so I just assumed homosexual relationship was already accepted. Which is why I was thrown off by how the LGBT crowd was celebrating over a character saying what amounts to "It's okay to be gay". Do people always assume gay is verboten in a fiction's setting until a character explicitly states otherwise? Is that how it works? Can't we just assume to be so by elements present in a fiction?

Fed-Kun's army
what happened in this comments section oh my god... anyway gyari is based but how dare SHE call our irumi ugly!!! i thought she had good taste wtf!!! is it just the jealousy talking??? must be. (the fact that iruma got mad tho LMFAOOO???)

thank you for the update~!

me after this chapter: oh shit... she call baby ugly

everyone else: well this is actually quite an ethical and societal issue that is effecting our current society

war has been announced and i will be the leader, may all people who can handle a sword, a shield, an armor and a bow join me to a battle for death FOR THE GLORIOUS BEAUTY OF IRUMI

(if you want to know why i don't want ak47 just look up the story of mad jack and be inspired by it)

@nutman451
it's cause many don't go to the length of stating it, and while for you it may be obvious its not so for everyone, many manga have "homosexual" characters though most are made so just for the sake of being so or for comedy sake, here i think that they'll show that its just a part of who she is, and i guess they'll go further talking about their relationship, her motivations and character and not let her character in just "she's lesbian" cause it doesn't seem to be the style of this manga, so far the thing about demons seems to be "do whatever you want" so it would make sense that things like how you dress, who you are with or which career path you choose and the like are your own thing

Aggregator gang
@Tulkas
Well, alright. Seeing how Gyari is framed as the big bad of the arc (unless another character is introduced), I'm sure there's going to be at least a few pages dedicated on explaining why she's so attracted to Kuromu specifically. Though for some reason I can't help but feel the discussion has focused so much on homosexual relationship to the point that it assumes the whole arc is about homosexuality when the chapter only mentions the topic in one panel (unless you count the various depictions of female on female skinship).

Also, must a gay character be explained why he/she's gay for it to considered to be acceptable depiction? Can't a character be the big Gae just because? I mean Poro is gay for the DK because he likes to make music with him (though I'm sure his backstory will be more fleshed out in the future) but is his depiction so far poor?

Users who are viewing this thread