Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 21 Ch. 185 - The Evidol Games

@nutman451
what i meant by fleshed out was more in the sense that she as a character would have developement, cause in many manga you see that being gay is the only thing that a character is there for, i don't think it needs an explanation why she is though, what i think is that it would be cool if they made a character that happens to be homosexual not one that has that as it's defining quality and is the only reason why it appears cause thats kinda lame, i have no beef with poro, i just commented in this chapter cause is the one i happened to catch up to the latest, didn't know that everyone has been going crazy over this, but it being vocalised in a manga that seems to not treat it as a joke and is not a purely yaoi/yuri story is not something you see every day, a shonen manga no less, that is also a big deal cause its target audience are people around 15 y/o, so i kinda get where all that might be coming from

@Tulkas
what i think is that it would be cool if they made a character that happens to be homosexual not one that has that as it's defining quality and is the only reason why it appears cause thats kinda lame
I too hope she develop better characteristics, because aside from being gay, she has only shown negative characteristics. For some reason I don't want Tamerlane's prediction that she's a static villain and genuinely wants her to be a good friend for Kuromu.
It's certainly not because of her sexual orientation judging by my own disposition

but it being vocalised in a manga that seems to not treat it as a joke and is not a purely yaoi/yuri story is not something you see every day, a shonen manga no less, that is also a big deal cause its target audience are people around 15 y/o, so i kinda get where all that might be coming from
That would certainly be a reasonable explanation for all the celebration, I'd be happy too if any fiction correctly and positively depicts my religion (er... I don't mean that LGBT is a religion, just trying to show empathy by creating a scenario where I would act the same). Granted I don't think this chapter warrants all the horaah, but hey, no victory too small to be celebrated, I suppose.

Supporter
@Lionhearte It always makes me laugh when I see whining about "butthurt toxic people" from someone who rambles on irrelevantly about "believing in 100+ genders". If you "really don't care that much", why are you commenting?

@swagner I really hopes that you are joking, just because I say that I don't care about something at a personal level, doesn't mean that I can't comment about it.

Fed-Kun's army
I was kinda turned off knowing that this arc would be about the evidols and grenderbent Iruma, but man, this chapter now just reeled me in and I am hype for this arc! lol

Awesome chapter, thank you for translating
Also, I'll follows this arc because I love this concept of genders don't matter in the underworld 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Who would've thought that Iruma's berserk button would be when someone call him ugly. LMAO

Also it's just a guess, but this could end with Gyari left infatuated by Iruma's charming performance and sweet talk. And I'm sure that Irumi's identity will be exposed in this arc. At least to Gyari, not the whole Makai.

Dex-chan lover
@SwanLamp

Don't put words in my mouth you mongoloid.
I was merely stating the difference between the yaoi/yuri western and Japanese fanbase. Shippers are to be found every where, movies, games, books and manga/anime and tend to vary from completely harmless to animalistic in nature. I don't know why or how they became shippers, (lbgt shippers only ship to defend their utterly stupid standpoint) but I dislike them most of the time seeing as if they get too emotionally invested they become assholes, but other than that they are pretty okay, it's kinda hard not to come across one nowadays.

And yes I do remember the shipping wars, nothing made me laugh harder than people not getting their favorite fictional characters together, though props to the authors to making their characters so likable to the fans to make them that emotionally invested to send death threats and the whole pure thing has been a thing since at least 300 years back. It really doesn't surprise me that Japanese fans would get that enraged at an author for making the main girl not 'pure' however fucked up it may be. I'm not Japanese, but I know how men and women there have an almost entirely different culture than we do, and maybe the whole ntr thing Japanese have a trauma for could be the problem. So, yes I do know these matters, I just was talking about something different, because the matter of the obnoxiousness of shipping is almost to big to cover and because it seems almost natural to do nowadays, and of course there are bad eggs here and there or maybe they all went rotten, when will there not be with something that big.

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark

That's pretty fucked up, never heard about it before. It makes me think of that one crowd experiment in America where a bunch of randos are given masks and get to control the life of a man through a screen, where they can either choose the good or bad options from the announcer, and they consistently choose the 'bad' options in morbid curiosity and laugh at whatever happens to the man. It kinda shows that as long as their face isn't shown they would do some pretty fucked up shit. Some people just automatically jump on the hate bandwagon without even knowing what its about. For a movement thats supposed to support the rights of 'everyone', it sure is filled with toxicity and hate for people who don't follow their hivemind. I know its definitely taken a grasp on europe as well from what i've seen, it's almost weird at how easy it spreads.

Fed-Kun's army
I missed reading this manga daily... they are so damn cute, LMAOOOOOOOO nice to see girl/girl in this manga, I laughed so hard when Gyari told Irumi "Youre fucking ugly" zujdkzkd he got so mad. They will win.

I'm more confused as to why same sex relationships are even still uncommon. I mean, the entire idea of homophobia was started by Christianity and the like. Wouldn't demons you know, go against that?

Dex-chan lover
@Metaranius In the first place, the demons in this manga don't adhere much to the traditional Christian concept of demons. Moreover, they must have some sort of heterosexual disposition in order to reproduce as biological creatures. The fact that demons, as Gyari mentioned, don't have a stigma against homosexuality balances basic evolutionary needs and the "lawless" demon nature quite nicely, I'd say.

Dex-chan lover
@Echonic It spreads so easily because to say anything about it gets you painted on a blacklist. Bend your knee, accept the will of the hive or you're a bigot, homophobe, monster etc. and thousands of people will try to shame you and may even violently threaten you. A lot of people are too scared to not bend their knee. In fact, a lot of companies in the U.S. that claim to be "Woke" are actually run by people who don't believe in any of that stuff but they claim to because they think if they don't it'll affect their bottom line.

They're not entirely wrong about that either. Everyone wants to call Chic Fil A homophobic for not agreeing with homosexuality, yet no one wants to talk about how they had a blood drive for the victims of that attack on in a gay nightclub. They refuse to bend their knee, so they're not allowed to be seen in a good light. Period. They're still around because they're just really good at what they do, making food, but people have tried to get them shut down like nobodies business. That's all it comes down to: Fear mongering and social stigma against having a different opinion and too few people are willing to be singled out.

Users who are viewing this thread