Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 23 Ch. 196 - Passion in Greed

Dex-chan lover
I enjoyed the arc, but I am not a fan of Gyari at all. She's an extremely one note character and I feel she brought the arc down a bit.

Dex-chan lover
since the mangeka isnt going with the harem route, I guess theyre going to force the other competitors into relationships like this

gay! :D
i also hope that there's more than gay! like ace! or trans!
oh god i forgot about the incoming terrorists
also fuck manhwa

Dex-chan lover
@thegoatrider To begin with, Iruma essentially only has two love interests. Second, what kind of relationship, lol? People draw too far-reaching conclusions from a minimum of information.

Dex-chan lover
Good end for the arc, but I wanted to see a bit more of Irumeanie

That was a good ride. Still can't get over Irumeanie damn

Thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Lol, people still acting like they'll ever get together when Kuromu directly said Gyari would just lose interest once she got what she wanted, just like the guy in their song last arc. Sorry Yuri-fags but it ain't happening.

Dam the gayness of this arc seemed forced tbh. Arc would’ve been better if Gyari’s character wasn’t so 1 dimensional and the gayness that was introduced was more fluid than forced.

Dex-chan lover
Was that credit page a jojo meme? Because honestly I don’t know. It could easily work as one. Also that was real cheeky of the mangaka to throw in a Star Wars reference towards the end of the chapter like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Rias_Gremorys_Husband I think that the problem is not so much that her whole personality is literally the archetype of "arrogant butch lesbian", but that the arc does not affect it at all and does not give her any development. Even hinting that even after losing, she still has some chance, as Kuromu did not treat her negatively due to her behavior. In fact, it gave more development to Iruma himself, as he discovered the "Wicked Iruma" form, lol. But this arc wasn't even directly about him.

@BalrogDeMorgoth It would be funny if in the next chapter Kuromu hinted that she developed a crush on him after his help. It would be fun to read the reaction to that. But I doubt it will, given that the author hardly sees her as a love interest.

@immy A character suddenly bursts into the plot, whose whole personality is "stereotypical gay", her potential love interest (and all almost 200 chapters before that, the plot never even hinted that Kuromu, at least in theory, could be involved in something like that) remains tolerant of her all the time, regardless of the rudeness of her behavior, and the arc ends as suddenly as it began. I don't think this was a very deep development of the gay element.

Dex-chan lover
Well it's not like every straight element is always well developed or stuff, but I guess not-straight stuff needs to be held to higher standard or something to justify itself. For some reason.

" the plot never even hinted that Kuromu, at least in theory, could be involved in something like that"
Do you mean like being gay or being involved in romantic affairs in general?
I guess I can roll with stuff easily because I assume that every character in fiction is bisexual until they say black-on-white that they're not into men/women. lol

Users who are viewing this thread