Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 36 Ch. 314 - Happy to talk to you

Snipers strike again. I'll wait for misfits thanks.

As for all those people going "they're behind!" etc, quality does take time, and, despite what some people in this thread think, I would prefer to read a quality redraw than a sloppy, lazy speech bubble, and have skipped series before just for it.

There's also the fact that, despite so many hundreds of other neglected series either forgotten or lost to time, snipers hit this series. Why? Popularity, an attempt to grab favour for some ulterior motive. Hell, a sniper could take the series and then end up holding the actual thing hostage in the end if current translators give up.

End summary: be wary of manga snipes. They aren't doing it for everyone's happiness.

This thread has made me realize that loyalty to a scanlation group is apparently a thing. The quality difference between the snipers and misfits is marginal enough that I couldn't be bothered to wait three extra weeks for the misfits to catch up. I'm here for the manga, first and foremost.

Dex-chan lover
/a/nonymous is sniping Iruma while Vermeil in Gold fans are starving smh
Misfits were born out of an effort by /a/ to translate the series that had been so mishandled by Wicked House for years. Around the time of the 1st season of the anime, interest in the series spiked, and the Herculean task of translating 100-odd chapters in the intervening months between when Desu Vult stopped translating the series properly and the anime's S1 was taken up by translators on /a/. This is how Misfits came to be, as the original team was filled with /a/nons.

Like all series /a/ has an interest in, if you don't translate it, they will, as has been the case with One Punch Man, BokuYaba, Nagatoro, Iruma, Mikadono Sisters, and so on.

Dex-chan lover
Ya paying them for this shit or something?

It's not like they have to stick to some imaginary schedule you got in your head. Life exists and gets in the way, but they still put out chapters in a timely manner compared to a lot of other manga out there.
Do you think money is the only thing to take into account when providing a service? Because that's not the point here, they are not exclusive, nor do they have a guarantee to be the only ones to get into the series, someone new showed up, got the tree chapters done and in a pretty decent quality.

I care for the manga, not for who translates it, if someone can do a better job, I'm taking that option, I'd buy manga if it wasn't because I know for a fact the author gets nothing from English releases and I rather buy merch to support them, but translation teams get no loyalty, I enjoy the love they put into it, but they are not the only ones who can get the job done.

Dex-chan lover
Snipers strike again. I'll wait for misfits thanks.

As for all those people going "they're behind!" etc, quality does take time, and, despite what some people in this thread think, I would prefer to read a quality redraw than a sloppy, lazy speech bubble, and have skipped series before just for it.

There's also the fact that, despite so many hundreds of other neglected series either forgotten or lost to time, snipers hit this series. Why? Popularity, an attempt to grab favour for some ulterior motive. Hell, a sniper could take the series and then end up holding the actual thing hostage in the end if current translators give up.

End summary: be wary of manga snipes. They aren't doing it for everyone's happiness.
Why don't you read the chapters before spouting nonsense? The quality for the new stuff was more than decent and we got three in a single swoop, not just one two above like last time, it's called picking up the slack, I barely could tell the difference.

Also, taking a series hostage? really? They have no exclusive rights, the mistfit team is not the only group translating Iruma either, it's really easy to google up a different group and if this sniper is caught lacking, readers will do the same. Loyalty is reserved for those who deserve it, you may want to support them, but public opinion changes in a snap.

Why don't you read the chapters before spouting nonsense? The quality for the new stuff was more than decent and we got three in a single swoop, not just one two above like last time, it's called picking up the slack, I barely could tell the difference.

Also, taking a series hostage? really? They have no exclusive rights, the mistfit team is not the only group translating Iruma either, it's really easy to google up a different group and if this sniper is caught lacking, readers will do the same. Loyalty is reserved for those who deserve it, you may want to support them, but public opinion changes in a snap.

Response time

For A: I was referring to a very specific post that was made regarding how they wouldn't care and would prefer a messy redraw as long as the series was translated. I was NOT referring to the chapters posted as lacking in quality, as having not read them, I couldn't tell you otherwise.

As for B: Translators have taken series hostage before and held the end chapters until they get paid (or another person pops in and says "screw you" and translates it anyway)

Dex-chan lover
Response time

For A: I was referring to a very specific post that was made regarding how they wouldn't care and would prefer a messy redraw as long as the series was translated. I was NOT referring to the chapters posted as lacking in quality, as having not read them, I couldn't tell you otherwise.

As for B: Translators have taken series hostage before and held the end chapters until they get paid (or another person pops in and says "screw you" and translates it anyway)
Then before doing that, read the chapters before jumping to conclusions, anyone can just take an opinion as a fact without context and that never helps a situation.

Then before doing that, read the chapters before jumping to conclusions, anyone can just take an opinion as a fact without context and that never helps a situation.
I was NOT jumping to a conclusion. I was stating that I would NOT read a sloppy mess if it were presented, as an example. And I will certainly not be reading the chapter until misfits release it.

Dex-chan lover
I was NOT jumping to a conclusion. I was stating that I would NOT read a sloppy mess if it were presented, as an example. And I will certainly not be reading the chapter until misfits release it.
Then you should have said you wanted to wait for the misfits and not phrase it as if the chapter was translated in bad quality, people here get too riled up and start harassing translators for the vaguest of reasons, so your way of phrasing it did not help.

Dex-chan lover
A picnic you say? How delightfully devilish Sullivan.

We’re inching ever closer to the moment Iruma takes his position at the top. I wonder when Delkira will make his return, will it be before or after Iruma becomes king? I mean they’re stuck together after all, what with him being Ali and all.

Users who are viewing this thread