Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 8 Ch. 68 - Callego-sensei's Home Visits

.....is it weird i prefer afternoon teashop's version a bit better?
in terms of typesetting... /a/'s version has text covering the art (like the samurai guy's father) and i'm not about that >>

Contributor
thx for the translation! much better than those shitty snipe scanlation version

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad I blocked all those people who complained about sniping. The comment section feels so much better.

Dex-chan lover
i really do prefer /a/'s translations. its really... crisp is the best way i can describe it.

Finally, a good, quality chapter that flows so much better and actually makes sense. I guess that's what happens when you have a proofreader that passed 3rd-grade English. Thank god the other trash sniper group is gone. Good riddance!

Like, the difference between:
/a/'s version: "Your essay, "Sex and I", makes some compelling points..."
vs.
shitty sniper version: ""The Disposition of Each Gender", if you are interested in this paper then you can refer to it..."
is staggering. Imagine writing the second sentence and thinking that's actually intelligible or in context.

@pbrgh The art was already covered by Japanese text in the original. What you see in the sniper's scanlation is actually a redraw by Wicked House, since they used the scans from WH. So it's neither their own work, nor is it a particularly good redraw (especially if you compare to the raw page, because for some reason the redrawer shrunk the dad's height?). In terms of typesetting, /a/ has so much better quality since they actually know how to align text into bubbles without making it look so clunky and unskilled. Also, they don't use super ugly fonts that don't match the setting.

compared to the snipe group, the text sounds.. more serious ? i agree that sniping is bad but their translation (at least ch 68) sounds funnier

Power Uploader
@StorageCrate
>
(especially if you compare to the raw page, because for some reason the redrawer shrunk the dad's height?)

I use raw Takoubon, not megazine, the image in raw Takoubon has been edited by the publisher different from Megazine, we have not changed the height of Gaap's Father at all.
40jDRWT.jpg

Aggregator gang
Awesome work as always. I feel so much better coming to the comments and not seeing StorageCrate's comments. All he does is complain for the sake of complaining.

@leduyvu
Ah, I understand. That's interesting that they would change the art between the two. But I see that the text covers the face either way, so perhaps we're not meant to know what it looks like; although we can certainly hazard a guess.

@NeroPR
Hey, if it keeps shitty sniper groups from putting out subpar garbage scanlations and scaring off the actual good groups, I'm willing to do it. It ain't much, but it's honest work.

Users who are viewing this thread