Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 9 Ch. 74 - The Six Finger's Plan

Double-page supporter
this was fun, i appreciate the other translations but not seeing the Vietnamese is pleasing to the eyes

Sendiri, you're awesome.
And thanks to brolentless to appease the grammar nazi out there.

As a non english too, your previous scans is already good for me.

thank you for your hardwork!!

there are still some minor grammar mistakes
("that shall ends today"
"the days we spend on this walter park has been...") for example
but it doesn't distract me too much so it's cool \( ᐙ )/

also i think the typesetting could be better, compared to your previous chapters. the quality dropped a bit?

but you deserve the pat on your back! bikin sendiri, after all!! looking forward to your future chapters!

Double-page supporter
I wonder if they intentionally used the "ready perfectly" on page 11, seeing how it was the catchphrase of that "Overly Cautious Hero" anime that aired recently.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the release. Always great to be able to see the work people put into their projects.

Dex-chan lover
Good job Sendiri. Have lots of pats on your back, you deserve them.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh. I wish that scanlators would stop trying to translate the various "brother" words. The connotations of the family words in Japanese go far beyond mere familial bonds or even casual familiarity. And the various options of "Brother", "Bro", "Big Brother" and such map very poorly onto the specific hierarchic and emotional implications of "Nii-san", "Aniki", "Onii-chan" or what have you.

99% of the people reading scanlated manga are completely familiar with the implications of the various Japanese familial term, so this translation is both unnecessary and obfuscating. If you must, then footnote it for the people who just happen to be reading the 74th Chapter of Iruma-kun as one of their first manga chapters ever.

Sorry, pet peeve. There were plenty of things to praise about this release, and let me add to the back-pats the scanlator gives to himself for the redrawing.

@Thor Doesn't that also necessitate every use of familial names as requiring TL notes? Just because lots of people recognize those doesn't mean they realize whatever connotations there are besides familial familiarity. I mean, it is often really awkward to read it without a note when it is translated to English for non-familial relations, like calling random adults uncle instead of oji-san. I suppose my nitpick is mostly with the expectation it's that common people get what it means and all that comes with.

Users who are viewing this thread