Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Contributor
I wonder what's going on with the translations... is /a/ still bottlenecked?

Wowowwow what is that skip? 70's to 90's and 90 to 120, then jumps to like 160 or something holy crap guys thats more then a couple missing chapters.

is wicked house angry or something? thats a definitely a chapter update to mocking other scanlation gruop

Aggregator gang
@mister_nobody: Challenge accepted! Isekais tend to take place in another world entirely. This is the same world but in Hell. The minor difference between Hell in other manga to this one is that this one is so disconnected with the the Human world, they think humans are a myth (in the same manner that humans think demons are myths). So it's the same world, just different planes of existence.

Aggregator gang
@mister_nobody: By that logic, so would Heaven. Gotta remember that Hell and Heaven are part of our world (which Iruma is from), just a different plane of existence. Magic and elves are not a good comparison either. If you look up mythology around the medieval era, especially in Britain, Ireland, and Scotland, magic and Elves are a big thing. One could argue that religions focusing on Heaven and Hell are also myths (but that's a can of worms I don't want to open since it will derail the "this manga is (not) an isekai" challenge and potentially piss people off).

Isekai manga tend to go in one or two directions: Reincarnation or being summoned. Both to a completely different planet with a different layout with its own version of Heaven and Hell and typically at open war with the demons. In this case, because humans were able to summon demons (a mythological art dating back to the medieval era again and something many Satanist cults do to this day), it's a safe bet to assume that these demons come from our world's Hell, though both sides of the world consider each other fairy tales.

I will confess: While there is no solid evidence that it is indeed our Hell (I don't recall any of the chapters stating this, but it never said it was a different world entirely either), the evidence I have given is why I firmly believe this is Hell from our world.

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze

Why different plane =/= different world, tho? Who decided that? It's not like every isekai novel has various realms, planes, etcetera. Either I miss something or someone is stereotyping things.

Also, I'm pretty sure demons were a thing too in the past.

Does Humans summoning Demons and vice versa need to be different from isekai Princesses summoning Heroes or Goddesses bringing Demon Lords by mistake? There's this good anime, "Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!", where people keep going back and forth between two worlds. Or an older one, "Astarotte no Omocha." Or how about a novel with a more straightforward title? "Going Back and Forth Between Earth and The Other World with Space Time Magic."

And, again, it's still a whole different world altogether. Different values, different natures, different creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread