Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Contributor
good twist, author realized that the demons were feeling too human im guessing. Having them be more prone to destruction for the sake of destruction is a good way to make it feel less shouen-y. Imo this will prob go down with the hero realizing that he has actual responsibility with his position and him striving to make change in the hierarchy of the demon world, while regarding the fact that they are demons

Why do multiple groups persist in dropping their own 'version' of a scan. They ought to work on another project. So many dropped manga or new titles....

Group Leader
@Alciel I know, right? So many dropped manga but people always want to fight over the popular ones instead of picking up a new manga and making it popular.

Regarding the drama, I personally would leave WHT alone if they want to continue scanlating this. They were the original scanlators so they deserve some respect. They scanlated 24 or so chapters and were doing it for over a year. They are the ones who picked this series up and made it popular.

Dex-chan lover
@Alciel because fantranslation isn't supposed to be a job so peoples only translate what they want to translate, not what isn't translated yet or what eop want to be translated. To be fair, desu vult already got it translated up to chapter 36 but the other thing is lagging behind so for the sake of quality they hold the chapters until fully done.

@reika Personally i don't really care about the drama, but that WHT came off a bit of an ass for not even declining the joint scan invitation sent by desu vult. I dont think that desu vult picking up this because it's popular but because they like it and WHT itself is MIA at that time.

Supporter
This time I have to side with Deus Vult, for pretty obvious reasons I think. Lately, and for reasons unknown to me, a lot of people have picked up scanlation and "translation", as they call it. But what the hell some are plain unreadable. Machine translations, or maybe not machine but direct translations with little to no context adaptation or localization (which is really freaking important. Go ahead and read Yen Press's Spice and Wolf version, then read any fan translated one. Just how much more enjoyable it is to have the characters characterized by their manner of speech, and this manner of speech actually parallelized towards something simmilar in English, not just adding the occasional "-desu" or whatever that looks completely out of place and tells nothing to a person not deeply familiar with Japanese and Japanese dialects). WHT is stamping low quality releases that don't actually go through an editor. And with "an editor" I mean a person who in their life has read a truckton of well written English literature and whose only purpose in the translation process is to make the final result just feel good. Deus Vult is also lacking a good editor, but at least they try and their result doesn't look so bad.
I know a lot of people who don't care about localization and characterization, or the correct use of language at all. They can and should enjoy the faster release rate if it's offered to them, for sure.
As for me, I would love if Deus Vult kept doing what they do, and I will surely wait for their version. I'm not in a rush (I'm an Index fan, we learned to wait for quite a lot), and as a wise man once said, a late product is eventually good; a rushed one is forever bad.
Also, I don't think Deus Vult holds true justice here either. Yes, well, WHT is "contesting their territory", but they are free to do so. What they should not be free to do is to butcher the translations. I'm not well versed in Japanese so I can't be a judge here: there have been cases where I have read two versions of a translation and the things were conflicted enough to tell opposite stories. Someone was obviously murdering the translation there, and that person should not be allowed to translate at all, for they are literally destroying the source by telling a story the author never intended to. But actually, and comparing both translations, Deus's does look a bit more right, both in the use of English and in the correctness of the translation (based on context only, which is not reliable at all, but again, I don't have any other way to judge).
What I would do is to allow people to rate the group in every work they participate in, and in any dimmension the evaluation can be done: Redrawing, Cleaning, Typesetting, Quality of the Translation, Use of English, Grammar, etc. I know it's a lot of work to compile this for every work out there, it's mostly useless because most works get done by one group at a time, and whatnot. But it would allow us readers to judge the scanlators not only based on their speed, which seems to be the only thing anyone cares about.

tbh, I'm refusing to read Wicked House's translation bc it's done so badly
kinda starting to wish you could block translation groups so I didn't have to see these chapters I'm not going to read clogging up my following list

So I'mma happily going along reading my manga, when suddenly there's a very noticeable drop in grammar and sentence cohesion... Wah?

Oh, I ran out of Deus Vult and inadvertently wondered into that other thing AGAIN...sigh

I've read good speed translations (girl from random chatting) and this unmentionable translation group is not doing it right.

uhh, i genuinely cant seem to find what's so bad about Wicked's grammar? If someone could tell me what the fuss is about it'd be greatly appreciated

Is this still being translated? The raws are up to chapter 93 but there hasn't been a release in awhile.

Dex-chan lover
I always love it when there are two identical panels with only one slight difference. In this case, it was an entire ice spike. Murata (OPM) likes to do it too.

Also, glad to see this updated. It's fun and cute, despite being in Hell and everything.

Contributor
Did Desu Vult drop this? I've been holding off on reading WHT's releases in hopes of a better quality translation, but it's been a couple of months now and there hasn't been any hint of them coming back as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread