Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Double-page supporter
@Somethindarker I don't know about the Yaoi crowd but I agree that soulmate is not appropriate here. It is made of the kanji 親 (Close relationship/family) and 友 (Friend). 99% of the time, it is translated as "Best Friend" (wouldn't work here since AzAz is supposed to not understand) however, something a little less suggestive like "Besties" would have been better (and just as embarrassing to explain).

You know many Shonen try to build a high level relationship with two male characters that doesn’t come off as rotten, I mean this in the fan service term, most fail Sasuke and Naruto came close but it was rather meh after a lot of build up. This one however feel organic we have a progression of this trio, and while it isn’t complete the relationship is evolving in a rather wholesome direction. Still if this manga goes dark this relationship will either be the thing that carries our characters through or it’s breaking will be the driving force of these characters to come with some trying to fix or keep it broken. Kind of like Team 7, I really hope it doesn’t go this route though

ITT: OMG, ~Azz is so gay The most gay one in this manga!

Me: sees Kirios several perverted faces that haunts this series

Honestly I think that the female author doesn't really understand what men do together when they hang out so she wrote them doing what women do.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
@DanTheMan6383 there's one strong romance going on and a few very minors towards the mc, if you get invested it's really 👌, but romance it's definitely more of a secondary thing that's really nice from time to time rather than a main thing in the manga.

And now about the last chapter (178), to all clara×iruma fans, seems like this arc might be kinda annoying to read but hope you can still enjoy it. And to us Amelie fans, hope we can not start flexing on clara fans on cooldown if the story now does a more in depth romance towards amelie×iruma.

I can't believe I said "nah romance is totally secondary" and I'm now out here talking like it's a fucking full on romance manga like kaguya sama.

This... these kinds of chapters are why I’m growing away from this manga, it’s just... hard to read, it feels like a children’s book adapted to a manga. While that’s not bad, it’s.. not all that good either.

WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! FOR ARTISTS AND PEOPLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SOULMATES CAN BE PLATONIC!!!! YESS IM HERE FOR THE WHOLESOMENESS!!!!

I see a lot of people saying that soulmate was not the appropriate word to use and that they should've used bestie, but I'd say there is no better word than soulmate. A soulmate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity. Soulmates can be platonic. Affection can be platonic.

Double-page supporter
I put the series on hold right before the music arc I just find the succubus girl annoying and saw this arc would center her is the arc over already or still ongoing

Dex-chan lover
@Wheres_polo The music arc is over, we're back to the regularly scheduled Iruma harem.

But I really recommend you read it, even if you dislike Elisabetta. The climax in particular is one of the most gorgeous chapters in the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread