Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Group Leader
You saw Purson at the very beginning as a background character and maybe even thought at the time "Mmhh something's up with dat guy no?" but then forgot about him and now BAM!!! A whole arc just for him in our faces ha ha excellent!

Fed-Kun's army
Why did this song pop in my head when Purson started playing?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxopViU98Xo

Dex-chan lover
i thought it was so good i didn't even register it as an isekai until someone pointed it out to me

it's official, purson and allocer are both my favorite characters after clara QvQ They adorbs--

I think this falls more under adjacent world rather than isekai. adjacent being stilled tied to the real world-ish, and not reincarnation or hero summoning (lol). Most people wouldn't call Rosario Vampire isekai, this falls in the same class in my opinion.

It’s good but iruma is like that guy that moves everyone’s hearts, not saying it’s bad tho, it just gets too samey samey sometimes for me.

Iruma has gotten really annoying now, he was better before but now he following Naruto's footsteps and learning Talk no Jutsu.
Seriously all he does now is act like "WoOOOoOW you PlAy ThE TrUmPeT sO wElL" and makes them his comrade. At this point this manga is just a communist meme.
Thank you for translating

Dex-chan lover
@TinTheGreat

Yes, and no. It seems pretty obvious that Soi actually really wants to stand out but hasn't had anyone to give him that push. He's not actually happy with his family's tradition of obscurity. He wants to be in the open and to be praised. Iruma is just giving that little shove like only a Shounen protagonist can but it's not fullblown talknojutsu. It'll be talknojutsu when/if he converts some of the truly evil characters to being good.

Dex-chan lover
@Thoxi1026

You say that, but whose heart has he truly moved a great deal thus far? Asmodeus gained immense respect to him due to a trial by combat, Clara was already desperate for friends, Amelie has always been curious about humans (and he hasn't really 'moved' her so much as she just fell in love with him), Sabnock has the sort of honorable personality that leads him to be easily influenced by people doing noble things. Aside from that I don't believe he's affected any others. Notably, Yaoi boy is going full Yandere on him.

Most of the effects he's had on people has been nudging them in a direction they already wanted to go, but were reluctant to. Or supplied something they were already desiring. I can't think any situation where he's pushed someone in a direction that didn't seem natural.

@UXLZ
Hmm, I guess you’re right, I probably just applied something that happens seldom and attached that to what I would say similar, but not exactly moving their hearts. Still, there is some aspect to this manga that is overused (?) and it just gets to me, can’t really explain what it is :|. Still, I’ve really enjoyed this manga (except for the harvest festival arc which was meh).

@TinTheGreat
Yeah, maybe that was what’s bothering (not so much as bothered, just bugged by it?) me? Him making basically everyone his comrades by, as UXLZ said, pushing them into what they wanted to do. I really liked kirio, he was swayed but not in an all that good way, if they were to do that, imo it would be better if, even when iruma does help them, he’s not so moved as to be his comrade.

Users who are viewing this thread