Majo no Geboku to Maou no Tsuno - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - The Witch's Servant and the Land of the North (6)

It always makes my day whenever this updates! Thank you so much for your hard work 🤗

Fed-Kun's army
@Ceiye

I know! In fact, I think I might like Eric and Arsenyo more than Rei and Arsenyo.

One of the cover pictures already uploaded on Mangadex shows what looks like a female Arsenyo. Maybe it’s his sister, or maybe he gets gender bent. Would make it interesting to compare with Eric in that case.

Thanks for the continued translations at such speed and quality. Rare to see solo work with such commitment.

Dex-chan lover
I still think the whole "Viewing himself as a monster" aspect has been resolved way too quickly (I don't feel like he'd dealt with the issues properly here since it was so rushed) but the chapter was decent at any rate.
Though now I can't work out who I am meant to route for in the shipping wars.

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking the spirit would become a guardian of his or some sort after this ordeal to maintain being human while having the fire powers. But being back a monster is fine too.

Supporter
I hope we get to see some more of Arsenyo's past, what he did that led up to the burnt at the stake, how he got the fire salamander spirit...

@TakeiDaloui totally agree. the whole "heart vs body" part of the monster theme has been touched on before but this chapter still felt weirdly disjointed from the rest of the story. like it completely skipped from him running to sam's ritual in chapter 22 to him just lying on the ground in 24. he didn't have time to argue or plead his case or anything

Dex-chan lover
Human vs monster, heart vs body, analogue to gender I presume. In the way Eric addressed it before, can be a monster(gender 1) but have a human heart(gender 2). And you can choose to be that way even if given the choice to change the body. Basically you want both genders cause reasons. Gender 1 + gender 2 = gender 3!

@Terrate He wwas burned alive as a human. He could have only survived by being possessed by the fire spirit right then and there. Totally a "guardian" spirit.

It spoiler but.....
if you read the raw it seems later arsenyo will decided to become girl cause he fall in love with his old friend

It will be:
-Eric &lylod
-Arsenio with his old friend
-While rei move on from arsenio and decided to accept his nature as girl

@Chrana
uhm if this is true... arsenyo becoming a girl is literally the LAST place where i was expecting this story to go HAHAHA

edit: ok yeah after reading your comment it literally just clicked in my dumb ass brain that that new girl character is actually just female arseyno even though i already read raws 4 days ago... im stupid

Fed-Kun's army
The whole "underlying message is it's okay to be gay" is very cute and delivered in a way it's still fantasy and plot relevant but still applicable irl.

Dex-chan lover
I come with good tidings to ease your concerns:

1) There's still a lot of story to get through and a lot more of Arsenyo to explore.
B) Sam will never not be a little shit.

And lastly on the spoilery bits in the thread
Arsenyo didn't turn into a girl because he fell for Saulo, it's just that their bromance and Aresnyo's worries about him overcame his pride as a man and him turning into a girl made it very clear to them how crazy good their chemistry together. Truly, I shit you not when I say there will come a time when you will be divided in who should be with best girl.

Group Leader
I've realized that this chapter gets through most of the spoilers in the prequel.

I want to know if people here think that I should continue with this manga or take a break to do the prequel. I will give a bit of a warning that it is much less comedic and there is only one volume so far. Just give a shout in the comments if you want me to put this on hold to do the other one

Dex-chan lover
@freebirdflylow
I'd suggest waiting till
Saulo actually enters the story proper and kicks Arsenyo's ass right before Arsenyo goes in to medicate him
It'll likely have the biggest impact on everyone after that.

This time Sara entered through the head instead of the chest, so perhaps she will be good for him.

Users who are viewing this thread