Majo no Geboku to Maou no Tsuno

Group Leader
This series is totally of the wall, even when using tropes they come off as pretty unique because of the way they’re presented.

The whole Philia and Eros thing flew over my head, so a quick search later:
both are greek sayings of love
Philia: Friend Bond
Eros: Romantic Love
Eric is basically saying he believes he can be friends and lovers with Arsenio.

Trap is not a slur and never will be.

@MasterSomething unfortunately it is a slur; it comes with the inherent implication that a person is purposefully 'tricking' another into thinking that he/she is a certain gender - which is also a pretty transphobic idea. The word itself, coming with this kind of sentiment, is a very commonly used (and false) excuse by people who assault and even murder trans people in real life. With that in mind, even if you don't think it is a slur, it is objectively causing actual harm to people. I hope you can understand.

Double-page supporter
I cannot tell where in the world this manga is going for pairings, and I know what people say about spoilers but it's always in heresay, any confirmation on that at all?

the 1st panel of the 4th page on ch 28 looks to be a very promising meme material....

or rather.... why the hell this manga have so much meme material in them lol.

@45am It is not a slur. It does come from that, and it is only used to describe CIS MALES/FEMALES who deliberately try to trick people into thinking they're the other gender. It does not apply to trans people. A trans person cannot be a trap, no matter how hard people try to make it a slur. It is NOT used as an excuse to assault people, do not repost the oft retold lie by trans activists. The only harm associated with the word is the erasure of actual traps by trans activists.

By the way, I am transitioning myself. Trap is not a slur, and never will be.

@MasterSomething Except for the fact that it is also used to describe trans people by transphobes, and even when it isn't, it still carries with it the implication that someone who hasn't medically transitioned is tricking you into thinking they are a gender that they aren't (when that's not how that works); it's not a really good word to use anyway. Why would you describe a cis person whom you mistook for another gender as a trap unless it carries the connotation that you've been tricked (by them)? That connotation makes it look intentional when it isn't necessarily the case. Sometimes cis people present or perform in ways that a associated with other genders but it's not like dresses only belong to women and suits only belong to men and so on. The word comes from a really closed-minded way of thinking to begin with. Feel free to agree to disagree, anyway congratulations on your transition and I wish ya the best

@45am Transphobes also call trans people psychopaths, leacherous pedophiles, retards, and any other manner of words used in an insulting way. Does that make them all slurs? No, it doesn't. Trap isn't some exception just because people want to have power over a word that was never used as an insult in the first place. It is a good word to use, because that's what it originally meant. It means a cis person who deliberately tries to trick others into thinking they're another gender- not a trans person, and the only people who use it as an insult are imaginary terfs. Yea clothes can be whatever for people, but for some guys/girls they just want to look cute/cool while being 100% assured in their gender. Do every trans person a favor and stop perpetuating the lie that trap is a slur.

@MasterSomething https://intoomanywords.com/2017/12/05/why-trap-is-a-bad-term/ here is some reading for your consideration that puts it into clearer words than I can. It's not a lie when the trap narrative has literally been used as an excuse to harm and murder trans people. To a transphobe, a trans person is just another cis person trying to intentionally trick you into thinking they are a gender they aren't. I don't know why you aren't getting it. I don't expect you to change your mind but I'm not gonna change my mind either. I'm not gonna respond anymore after this because there's no point, so, have a nice day

For the whole word argument, the meaning of words change all the time depending on the majority of a group that uses it.

Did one know that Queer was actually a derogatory term, usually meant to say that a person is 'strange' and 'perverse', mostly targeted at 'feminine' men and such. Now a days, what was once was word to put down a community is now being used with pride to uplift the community. This is the re-appropriation of language.

Words change, usually as society culture changes as well, with each different community having them as either a positive or negative as time goes on.

From what I've observed, some to most of the anime community uses 'trap' as a form of endearment for cross-dressers, though some do use the term for trans people, most of them are usually ignorant with a few actually meaning them as a insult.

@45am To be honest you would be lucky to see somebody using trap as a derogatory term, normally its exclusively for anime and its used always on a positive light

@45am any site that uses content warnings for something as trivial as that actually makes me mad. But, I'll read it.

First paragraph already gives me that "I like X, but X has problematic issues", which is a giant red flag. Second, she uses a quote from fucking urban dictionary of all places as if that's an actual definition of the word. Even then, the post was clearly trying to mess around a bit, but using the post as a point is like me using an out of context forum post to represent an entire site. Third, that link to HRC.org, which is an extremely biased site by the way, claims that these were "clearly transphobic cases" despite providing 0 evidence that they were actually motivated by transphobia. Not to mention, it was *30* people. I don't like devaluing deaths, but 30 people dead is nothing to claim that there's a rise of transphobia about. That's media inflation of numbers.

Also, it's a responsibility of a trans person to inform whoever they're gonna fuck that they ARE transgender, especially if they haven't had bottom surgery yet. You can't expect people who are straight to want to fuck you if you still have their equipment. Also the thread claims that trans people can't reclaim the word... because it's way too specific??? That's fine, trans people don't want the word anyways, because it's not a slur, and *it's not meant to describe us*. At this point I stopped reading, because it was becoming a blatant "let us non trans people defend you trans people okay" thread. That pisses me off.

Why do people have such stupid fucking savior syndromes?

Fed-Kun's army
We've seen demons with baby play fetishes, tentacle rape fetishes and now a vore fetish

The demons don't need to be killed, they need to be kinkshamed

man this manga is weird, with its open views on sexuality but still hanging with that narrative that "it's okay if he looks like/is physically a girl" and the near constant misgendering, i'm seriously continuing to reading it just to figure out what i feel about it because i am so confused

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm oh this has a prequel I'll check it out..... nothing there 😑

Users who are viewing this thread