Majo no Tabitabi

Both written versions' English translations would be far behind. This'll be another one that has the anime progressing first, probably.

The LN has like two volumes too. Volume 3 coming up by Nov 10.

Dex-chan lover
there's an anime? dang. time to watch. oh and it's a ln...is this kino's journey reskinned?

anyways. mc has an impeccable personality, despite how slicey lifey it seems ch. 2 was nice and creepy, and jokes aside it really do be giving kino vibes. probably will end up looking for a ln translation to binge.

DAMN this is literally two years old. no updates then hm

Dex-chan lover
@Robo Yaaaay! Thanks for picking this up!

It has been so long. I've been enjoying the anime a lot and look forward to following the manga again.

@Robo
THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE.
I've read this manga long before it even had an anime and I was so upset at the fact that there were no chapters, I even thought that it was axed but upon checking, it was not and it was just that no one picked it up.
I was wondering why no one picked this up despite it having an interesting cover with a decent looking art style and a wholesome sounding description.

Fed-Kun's army
It's like a horrible version of Kino no Tabi in magical setting. Anime is equally bad. Definitely a disappointment.

Ironically Kino no Tabi has more magic than this series itself, with the talking motorcycle and dog.

Double-page supporter
I came here to review the anime (so far) because a certain anime website that I've used has passed away quite a while ago and I don't know where to go to leave a review
(I'll try and make it as spoiler free as possible, but if there is a spoiler included in here, you're welcome to point it out)

Now where to start...
The Main character:
"What beautiful witch travelling around such a wondrous fantasy world" is what the MC of this series, Elaina, would say to herself whilst narrating the opening to every episode (no, not the op song). Her personality is that of an honest person that doesn't mind bringing bad news if necessary and tends to not lie if not needed. Her character is similar to a certain character from another series with the "Travelling around the world" as its hidden genre (Kino from Kino's Journey or Kino no Tabi). I do like how Elaina does have a distinct personality and doesn't feel too generic for a female character, though I do sometimes question the minor inconsistencies of her character during the
"Country that only speaks the truth" arc and the"Walking flowers" arc if I remembered the title correctly where in the former; she somehow got easily scammed by a baker that sold hard bread despite the fact that she's usually smarter than that and where is the latter; she for some reason just... left those 2 alone and didn't even warn the other guards that were stationed at the wall/border near the cursed garden
but other than that, she's a good one but sadly not waifu material (her character design seems a little bit baggy for a witch outfit tho)

The World Building
Ok, by "World Building" I meant things like: Connections, the plot & the stories, and also how certain things work in that world (whether it's magic, professions, politics, or etc). Let's start:
The world is set in a medieval style fantasy where certain kingdoms are corrupt, mislead, or even dead in a certain way, you know, the usual one we all know and love. But for some reason I don't remember seeing any fantasy-like creatures aside from dragonoid creatures like giant dragons and ones that are made out of magic like stuffed dolls or golems.
"Is there some sort of guild system or an adventurer's guild or something like that?" Well, I haven't seen any adventurers so far aside from the witches (do keep in mind that anyone can be a witch) and the only system that's close to a guild system is probably the Magic Unification Association, but all witches are free to do what they want as long as they've graduated and got their own titles as a witch because the MUA is like a mix between international police and a pseudo guild for witches and other countries/kingdoms in general. Our MC chooses not to join them, why? Just because she can, and also because being a member or an employee there means more work to do
"How corrupt are the governments?" Hmm... Slavery is a thing that's still legal in certain parts of that world, and there are also countries that treat witches like valued costumers and non-witches like crap, so I'll leave that question for you to find out for yourselves
The type of magic used in this anime is similar to Harry Potter but not every spell or use of magic needs some kind of chant to activate.
Story-wise, it takes a similar route to Kino's Journey where the MC sees the bright side and the dark side this world has to offer, though she does travel alone unlike Kino who has her bike. There aren't any real specifications that've been taught about magic so far so Idk if there's like a specific requirement or any other jobs for witch graduates that require the use of magic aside from the MUA.

There aren't any real lessons that have been made aside from "Karma and realism do mix, but they don't go that well"...
The show is mediocre, though doesn't feel like it really belongs into my top 20 list of anime overall (top 60 at least)...

I'm just gonna be honest, the show is great, it's not generic by any means but the story doesn't really flow all too well because it doesn't have a real plot other than travelling around the world as a witch whilst meeting characters that we'll barely remember aside from the reoccurring ones. I mean, if you wanna watch it then be my guess, I'm not stopping you, though I know I won't really recommend this anime to my close friends unless they need an anime to further develop their taste in anime.

Overall score : 7/10
Personal rating: 7/10
"Enjoyable, but doesn't have anything that really acts as a satisfaction factor aside from the opening song & the smooth animation that properly used CGI in a good way"

Fed-Kun's army
Looks like Robo fixed his computer troubles so chapter 2 soon hopefully

Imagine wanting every character to be a perfect hero who does everything right.

Couldn't be me.

Fed-Kun's army
the main character isnt meant to be a fuckin superhero, if you'd seen kino's journey you'd probably get that
when you run into someone elses country, and start fucking with their culture, trying to convert them or do something to them, you're causing the problem and putting yourself at risk
the story's about adventuring and discovering the world, not fixing every little problem, it's simply nigh on impossible to fix everything

Users who are viewing this thread