Majo-senpai Nippou - Vol. 1 Ch. 20

Lol I don’t believe him, bet he said all that so he can have a convenient witch at his disposal. I’m not so petty that I’d drop him several feet below so I agree with her. I’m glad she handled that breakup maturely. Besides, she already ruined his rep in the pub even if she didn’t do it on purpose lmao.

Well atleast she handled that maturely
The guy is an asshole but like in the end she is the main character
He can rot somewhere , i dont really care

Dex-chan lover
"I didn't realize you felt like that"?
Okay, assuming no TL errors... HE FUCKING HIT HER.
This is what I meant. "You also helped me see many things. Thanks, but it's goodbye"? WTF? NO!
This chapter didn't have to exist. Last chapter she said it clear, and now he just needs to end in prison. Wtf is this civilized resolution?
So he can abuse his next gf?
Fuck you author.

@airi0na You should. The message that's being portrayed is "he's an abuser, physical and psychological, but she forgives him and moves on". Excuse you? That's not how this works. Now he's free to abuse his next gf.
This chapter was a massive amount of bs.

"About that I was very surprised, I didn't realise you felt that way.."

Wow. wooooow. You were abusing her both physically (unless this was a mistranslation but I doubt it) and phycologically. And you expect her to what? Cozy up to you?

"You may not believe me. but I really do like you"
Bullll. A bunch of bull.
Even after his story of "I got ruined by my co workers at my last place and they think a witch is better that's why I'm acting like a lil brat" I don't feel an ounce of pity for him. How he approached this was wrong and the fact that he rates himself acting like a "brat" when he's so much worse than that.
Please knock him off the broom. He needs a good vibe check.

Also she did not need to apologize to him. Not at all. If anything he needed to and I didn't see him doing that. But as long as he disappears the rest of the story I guess I can treat him like he doesn't exist.

@Yoshiko09 at this point I think it's just a cop-out. So many times you have stories like this they tried to get you to sympathize. But I'm really tired of this narrative that you have to forgive the abuse. There was nothing for her to apologize for matter of fact. I don't even think they should have had a conversation. What she said in the restaurant was good enough. He is abusive and I want nothing to do with him. These authors don't ever want to dive deeply they are start the trope but never really handle it. and I feel like when you have a younger audience reading this shit they may agree... Because when I was 14 I did. 25 now and I can barely stomach some of the old mangas I used to read

@Dykejiah
Yeah, the author should have made her end it completely at the first time, further conservations were unnecessary and not needed at all.
I feel like the author rushed this part maybe because she regretted making it serious and tried to lighten it out in the end—still this was wrong on their part. (Or maybe it was the editor's influence).
Either way I agree,things like this are frustrating. The fact that, not only did he get an apology (I honestly can't believe the author let the girl apologize. Just why??) he also wasn't properly punished or acknowledged for the very wrong thing (abuse) he did.

@Yoshiko09 it's like I understand it their society is different. However it's disturbing how often you see abuse in these mangas and they try to play it off as they had a dark past or something bad happened to him it doesn't matter. There was no reason for her to talk you don't have to apologize to your abuser. Like personally I believe the trope of the hottest guy in school being untouchable and the female students attacking the love interest plays a big part in other aspects in real life. Idols can lose their careers because they get married or are dating.. and it sucks because I predominantly love romance but the older I get the more I cannot handle reading about some girl not standing up for herself and being manipulated.. play there are so many manipulated tropes in abusive relationships in these stories

@Yoshiko09 @Dykejiah
i agree with what yall are saying but i think that the author handled it well, from my point of view of someone who has been in a very similar situation to hers. you know apologies arent necessary but you apologize anyway to avoid further conflict and even if it doesnt make sense, you feel the need to apologize anyway. i dont think it was a cop out at all, i think its really just a more realistic outcome than being able to have the perfect response to abuse in the moment. but i see yalls point of view, i just wanted to say that because it also kind of rubbed me the wrong way

@qssnakes when you say rubs you the wrong way what do you mean? I've also been in this type of situation and I got blamed for it. I will admit I'm wrong if I am but to get blamed like her character was about to be I don't think that's fair. He tried to manipulate the situation by apologizing to her in front of all of those people. The crowd instantly was going to back him up. Because on the outside he was the perfect gentleman. Sometimes people are lucky enough that others believe them. And other people are not. I spent my life apologizing to people. For the wrong doings that they did to me. It gave off the vibe of victim-blaming so that is the reason why I did not agree. Plus she also said that his character hit her. So if he's physically abusing her why does she need to apologize? And like you said your comment rub me the wrong way.

@Dykejiah
i guess i meant that ,while i totally understood why you were saying that her apologizing to her abuser was a cop out, because the situation and the scene resonated so much with me i wanted to just say that i thought it was a realistic decision for her to make especially since she was only just then beginning to stick up for herself and not be a pushover. ive also spent my life apologizing for things that i shouldnt apologize for and apologizing to my abusers and ive been made to feel terrible about it even when i think it makes sense in the situation in order to avoid further incidents/danger. like when i think hypothetically of what could have happened if she wasnt polite to him in the moment, he could have gotten violent especially since it said that he had done it before, like you mentioned. i dont think youre wrong. i agree with pretty much everything youve actually. i was only bothered by the idea that her apologizing was bad and that it would have been better if she didnt or that the situation should have just been left unresolved or something. i hope im making sense, i apologize if im not.

So he was a Piece of shit and was abusive to her but he says he's was a spoiled brat and everything is ok? What a load of bullshit. He should have been punched square in the face, having a bad time at a job is never an excuse for abusing someone.

Users who are viewing this thread