Majo Taisen - The War of Greedy Witches - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Battle Wardrobe

Dex-chan lover
Liz has like 15 deathflags already just because Tomoe appeared on the first chapter

Double-page supporter
How nice, basically shuumatsu no valkyrie with woman as fighters

Wait the eastern european lady is the witch of the east and the japanese lady is the witch of the west?

Are these demons from australia?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for an epic chapter I've been looking forward to this since reading the first chapter at the end of last october, I'm a little bummed with Elizabeth's design and who she is going against in rd1 but hopefully this should be an interesting fight. I was hoping she would get to thrown down with Agatha to be honest. Still rooting for both girls and I'm surprised Tomoe and Jean will be facing off so soon in rd 2 I'm hoping there will be some twist ala Adam vs Zeus with the match ups in later rounds. Regardless thank you for all of the hard work and I'm looking forward to every match up I can honestly say that. Though I wonder what the Demon Queen's actual goal and desire is and I have a feeling she will be fighting the winner.

I feel ‘mistreat’ should probably have been translated as something a bit more sinister, like torture or torment. It sounds a bit like she just wants to be a jerk.

I think the evil vs justice starting match is a good choice, because it’s early enough we don’t know if the author will be straightforward or throw curveballs.

A single hungarian in this manga and shes incredibly fucked in the head. My country is represented well.

Dex-chan lover
Art is pleasant to the eye.

There is one infamous witch in finnish mythos, but I doubt the author thought of her.

True, it's good that the justice vs evil matchup happened to be the first match, since we're still in the dark if the author's gonna do some twists or not. Personally though, I think this one's gonna be a curveball and Tomoe loses

Man, this translation makes no sense at all. Guess I'll wait for another group to take a stab at it.

Double-page supporter
I can't help but think of fate grand order when reading this 😂 but anyway tomoe better win my favorite archer

Reading this chapter has been a weird experience. On the one hand, every other sentence feels wrong. On the other hand, however, I can't really explain why.

that is the most retarded weapon I have ever seen in my entire life, that thing is like a bear trap on a stick. if you took that thing to a battlefield in europe a few hundred years ago you'd be a laughing stock.

Writing feels weak, or maybe its just the translation?
Also, can't really feel the hype for the battles unlike in Record of Ragnarok (with the hypeman Heimdall, and the characters among the audience who are also themselves historical figures who have played a part in the lives of the combatants, bringing their own emotions and expectations to the duel, in turn adding to the hype and stakes).
It also seems to be lacking the over-the-top emotional intensity of Record of Ragnarok (with the absurdly drawn faces to express emotions, over-the-top reactions from gods and humans).
I also hope this manga would take time to flesh out the backstories of the fighters.
With these elements lacking, it could potentially fail in the long run, as readers lose interest due to the blandness.
Still too early to judge tho with 2 chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread