Major Announcement: Introducing Path.net, Our New Sponsor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzu

Outstanding move by Path.net because now everyone on manga community (or MangaDex community) knows about their existence while their rival "Cloudflare" got blamed for their "incompetency".

Now I wonder if Mr. Marshal Webb is actually a member here...

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it is quite surprising that we lasted so long on their free tier considering that we pushed over 1 PB per month through their servers.

we pushed over 1 PB per month

1 PB per month

Damn! Here I was going to ask if using GCE would be worth it.

@Holo Why are you still going to go with CF if you have Path?

Great news! I'm from europe, i only experience errors and huge loading time 'round midnight to 2am(UTC+1). Just did a quick search and Cloudflare is routing me to Warsaw, i'm quite suprised by it as i live closer to Berlin, Dresden or Praha.

The Path company is a great group. several of the companies I work with use their services and they worth every penny.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Aryev
What banner are you referring to? The only visible mention of Path.net is on the footer of every page with the exception of the reader.

Double-page supporter
@Samhill
Because as they said, Path agreed to do this (for free) for the North American servers. MD has users around the world.

@Aryev
You mean that tiny unobtrusive bit of text including a hyperlink? If that's the worst you have to complain about, you have it pretty good.

Group Leader
Botnets and crypto currency mining to monitor and monetize. That's completely "shadok".

- I've got an idea, let's monitor the health of our network.
- Been there, done that : checking from a few points won't tell us much...
- Then let's flood our network with requests from botnets spread all over the world. Actually, let's flood the whole internet with requests !
- A little overkill perhaps ? Still, but we don't have botnets...
- Don't worry, we'll allow people to turn their computer/phone into a bot by installing a little program on their device. The program will use the customer's bandwidth to probe the net, following our orders like the magic brooms from fantasia.
- Haha, uh.. that's actually scary, if there's a security breach or something. Thinking further, processing all the collected data will require a lot of computer power, which isn't free...
- Fret not, our botnets will also cryptomine for us, this way we'll make money on their back and buy boats, uh.. servers... And we can all waste electrical power in a blinding and glorious orgy like there's no tomorrow !
[insert supervillain laughs]

Group Leader
Incredible sponsoring, wow.
Big up to Path.net team, this is a huge help, even if I don't really benefit from it being in the EU, it's incredible nonetheless.

I'm glad we're up and running again thanks to devteam's and Holo's work too, the mitigation worked quite well considering the initial situation.

Dex-chan lover
Very cool; makes me wish I was in a place to use Path's services. If I'm ever there, I will remember this.

Contributor
From south europe i have no issue in these last days, surely the speed is not compared to the service before the ddos attack but is not bad either. Manga pages load at a good speed nonetheless and it what is matter.

So i'm still happy and satisfied of MD, no matter what's happen, and help you guys as much as i can (even with donations of course).

On a side note, regarding the free service these path guys offer to you, remember an easy concept, in this world nothing is free, when someone in business offer you something for free they 100% gain something back in other forms even if you don't spill a cent, in this case they probably collect the data of users and monetize it. So is good for you guys and users but please don't believe that they do it because they are nice and have a gold heart.
Said that i prefer you put in some not invasive ads, at least the people behind ads are more honest and less hipocrital, they are here just to make money with page vistis and clicks and they said so since the beginning without any fake free services.

Soo.. who is the guy that is paying a lot of money for one sustain ddos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread