Majoukari no Gendai Kyoten

Church Inquisiton check

Church propaganda check

Church going against the protagonist check

Yep, this is the Church is Evil troupe.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, the real church was far worse than this tame fiction, so..
Nothing strange with the church being evil in fictions, with how diabolic they were in reality.

Witch hunting isn't "bad" when there are actual witches that cause harm to normal people. I'm not sure if author missed the point of it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Flora

Witch hunting is bad, if power gets abused and by the looks of it, we still need to see one evil witch not in a recap of former events. All we get to see so far are witch hunters set up as idolized, a majority of the population being brainwashed to the point of forsaking individual thought and a plague doctor masked guy, who's on the cover and his obvious setup of being a dogmatic, power-abusing evil guy.

Let's see if the author is up to the task without getting lost in tropes and eviler-than-thou antagonists.

Shounen with simple story with absurd setting and also an mc who has a different views than others.

It will be a good series to read.

the witch hunting itself isnt bad but the way they're doing it is bad since they dont bother finding out that there's good witches too. its really not much different from mankind attacking all monster in every other manga just because they're known to attack humans or worse.. just to get experience...
biggest difference being that these witches is kinda just humans with magic powers instead of a completely different species
but if all witches for a while goes on rampages then im not surprised that they kill every witch they can find to save thousands of people instead of capturing them and questioning them.. the witches is basicly demons in their eyes

Supporter
I feel like I read this exact plot except with a female mc who grew iron or some kind of metal.

Contributor
@azuremirage, did you mean Shishunki no Iron Maiden
As for now, our MC useless AF!!!, did he against the evil church without a proper power??
except he's manifest a witch power

Gao

It's a good start. Hopefully it can stay like that.

@Korpi93
the witch hunting itself isnt bad but the way they're doing it is bad since they dont bother finding out that there's good witches too.

Witch hunts by definition are bad because historically they all lead to the death of innocents (given that there are no real witches IRL). That's why the author is using them as part of his plot because it lets the reader sympathize with his characters and easily understand his setting. He could have just as easily done a manga about espers being persecuted by the government but it wouldn't have had the same impact. Right on the spot by calling it a witch hunt everyone knows that there is something wrong with it.

Dex-chan lover
Something about the church setting is off. I feel like there's going to be some timeline anomaly involved, especially given MC's blurb about feeling something strange about the world. Also the general tech level of the setting makes the church extra jarring.

Fed-Kun's army
According to mangaupdates this group released the first chapter of another series two years ago and then released the first chapter for this one before disappearing again. I mean I'm thankful for the translation but this is just weird

@mommy It's not weird, they were just trying to gather people's attention to those undiscovered mangas, logically the more people want to get it translated, there's more hope that an actual SOLID translation group will pick it up.
That's what this group was hoping for at least.

Users who are viewing this thread