Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 10 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
Why would any human sympathize with filthy creatures that eat them?
Usually "because they are cute girls" is the only motivation you get from your average mangaka...

Als, "they were hard to finish off": have you tried using the blade of your swords, instead of the pommel, your feet or the broad side of your shield? It looked like they were deliberately trying NOT to kill them...

Dex-chan lover
Gratifying to see a Warrior King and Knight Commander actually strong enough to fight like this, instead of being the stereotypical boisterous types who get their asses handed to them in an instant, or even useless bystanders.

Dex-chan lover
@Hjek098 on page 17 "I'll apply haste on your majesty at last." Should that be "at least"?

Anyways, thanks a lot for the great translation as always.

Dex-chan lover
Usually "because they are cute girls" is the only motivation you get from your average mangaka...

Als, "they were hard to finish off": have you tried using the blade of your swords, instead of the pommel, your feet or the broad side of your shield? It looked like they were deliberately trying NOT to kill them...
Most likely, they prioritized moves that restricted the demon kings' attack options over dealing damage. A reasonable approach when dealing with an opponent notable for its powerful attacks.
It's also possible that knights are what we call "tanks" in MMORPGs - melee warriors prioritizing defense and weakening their opponents so that other people can deal damage. That's not how it was in the real history, but in real history, knights did not have mages to support them.

Dex-chan lover
:meguusmug: instead of flashback spamming, might as well go kumodesu anime style, showing two seperate timelines with broader continuity. I get it it's an awesome story you're cooking up, but stop bunny hopping

Dex-chan lover
Would've been nice if the demon got more mangled. It seems they got off easy compared to the massacre they did.
Also those smug looks.

S1smu3T.png

Double-page supporter
How many demon kings are we going to get I wonder?
the demon kings in the "introduction chapther" (ch.37/38) are classified as a "class" so it's probably something like:

goblin evolve in hobgoblin
demon evolve in demon king

so no hierarchy, but just a race name, still confusing though

Just a complete guess cause often manga/ln/wn try to introduce moral "complexity" or ambiguity by inserting a moral dilemma or sympathetic reasoning for the demons actions. Or in particularly ham fisted examples, try to pull the "no the humans are in the wrong" twist.

IMHO this usually fails given the usual actions of the demons. It can be done well, rarely, but usually that starts with the demoks showijg some restraint, not being sadistic, and some foreshadowing that the humans share some fault.

I really hope this title does not do that. Its usually poorly done.

Also to directly and literally answer your question: us reader humans aren't the humans in that world getting eaten, making it slightly easier for us to make up reasons to sympathize with those "flithy creatures".
the reason for the demons attack seems that they are starving, so if this is going for a sympathize with them or something is probably going for something like "we are literally starving so we have to eat anything to just manage to keep moving" aka they are basically going for a "locust migration" so the problem would probably settle if the kingdom send them food and teach them how to cultivate/make food, but this is unlikely since the demons seem to be classified as just monsters, and not as "intelligent races" like beastman and elves

Dex-chan lover
How many demon kings are we going to get I wonder?
Around an army's worth it seems.

And they are all going to be coming from the Demon King tribe... so none of them are "Kings", just regular demons, but really strong, but this is a fantasy manga. so calling something a demon king is almost required.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to do that, but I just couldn't find a way to make it sound natural.
That's what matters to me. You tried to translate it. Sometimes it's just very hard to do it, and since this isn't an official translation, I'm not going to complain about that. You don't try to justify it with other things like "it's more authentic" or "it's more exact" to leave it in Japanese, because those arguments hold no value when you translate everything else.

the reason for the demons attack seems that they are starving, so if this is going for a sympathize with them or something is probably going for something like "we are literally starving so we have to eat anything to just manage to keep moving" aka they are basically going for a "locust migration" so the problem would probably settle if the kingdom send them food and teach them how to cultivate/make food, but this is unlikely since the demons seem to be classified as just monsters, and not as "intelligent races" like beastman and elves
That's pretty much like trying to get sympathy for some orphan after having them kill a random innocent person by saying they were starving and needed the money for food. I hope they won't do something like that, because it doesn't work at all. The moment a character kills innocent people it makes it very hard to morally justify them, if not impossible.

The writing in the series for villains so far doesn't seem to try and make us sympathize with the villains so much as just understand them. they have reasonable motivations that aren't for entirely cartoonish evil reasons that we can also agree are bad and need to be dealt with without having to feel angsty about it. It's a refreshing middle ground between sympathetic villain and the usual brainlessly written bad guy.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I would have been more surprised if there weren't more demon kings. I mean, following normal convention, since we've seen Water and Wind, there should probably be Earth and Fire at least. From that final panel it looks like there's at least three there with a bunch more of the normal demons with them.

Dex-chan lover
The writing in the series for villains so far doesn't seem to try and make us sympathize with the villains so much as just understand them. they have reasonable motivations that aren't for entirely cartoonish evil reasons that we can also agree are bad and need to be dealt with without having to feel angsty about it. It's a refreshing middle ground between sympathetic villain and the usual brainlessly written bad guy.
I'm gonna assume it will be like the Orcs. They just will have to fight humanity because the gods just decided to fuck them over to create conflict. And they just can't go against it.

Users who are viewing this thread