Majutsu wo Kiwamete Tabi ni Deta Tensei Elf, Moteamashita Jumyou de Ikeru Densetsu to naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
I love consuming garbage!! Reading mind numbing material is my number one hobby!!

I look like I'm bashing this genre but the only one I'm actually bashing is myself because I genuinely eat this shit up every time

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Well there the elf doesn't have a purpose and everyone knows that elves exist. Here elves are more mythical and he has the goal of just getting magic. And we have yet to see any characters.
uh, sorry? We saw his parents, an elder elf, his apprentice (who is apparently the lord of the nearby land?) and then finally his apprentice's son.

I'm not saying it needs to be dragged out with each character having one chapter to introduce them, but it would have been nicer to know how he got the apprentice and bond with him for a bit. Here, we saw one (1) panel of him and then next he is dead. I'm sure the point is to show that elves live long lives, but it's not impactful or meaningful in any way.

Dex-chan lover
uh, sorry? We saw his parents, an elder elf, his apprentice (who is apparently the lord of the nearby land?) and then finally his apprentice's son.

I'm not saying it needs to be dragged out with each character having one chapter to introduce them, but it would have been nicer to know how he got the apprentice and bond with him for a bit. Here, we saw one (1) panel of him and then next he is dead. I'm sure the point is to show that elves live long lives, but it's not impactful or meaningful in any way.
His parents and the elder elf are clearly throwaway characters, his apprentice was used to introduce the apprentice's son so also a throwaway character and we got a promise that our MC will see the apprentice's son so he might be introduced there.

Dex-chan lover
His parents and the elder elf are clearly throwaway characters, his apprentice was used to introduce the apprentice's son so also a throwaway character and we got a promise that our MC will see the apprentice's son so he might be introduced there.
call me old-fashioned but creating 4 characters to introduce and then throwaway within 1 chapter is honestly poor storytelling.
They aren't even mobs or NPCs, they're literally his parents and a student of his! Those are literally the easiest characters to establish bonds/emotional connections with.

Anw, I stand by my decision that this isn't that good and just a rip off of that other elf series.

Dex-chan lover
call me old-fashioned but creating 4 characters to introduce and then throwaway within 1 chapter is honestly poor storytelling.
They aren't even mobs or NPCs, they're literally his parents and a student of his! Those are literally the easiest characters to establish bonds/emotional connections with.

Anw, I stand by my decision that this isn't that good and just a rip off of that other elf series.
"call me old-fashioned but creating 4 characters to introduce and then throwaway within 1 chapter is honestly poor storytelling"
Welcome to mid tier manga. And also, of course it's a rip off, a lot of manga is a rip off of another manga. But sometimes they are good.

Dex-chan lover
In the first panel with that elderly elf, I swear it looks like he has sunglasses on.

Contributor
His name is: リース
Which could be Risu, Lisu, or Lease how come you turned it into Liese he is male...
Also not 10 years but several decades.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
The time jumps were a bit confusing but I got the main concept down and it’s not too shabby after chap. 1

Double-page supporter
Dude really reincarnated and despite his accelerated advancement just idled around and didn't do jack shit aside mentor the local lord (never saw his apprentice again when he made a family?) for DECADES? As some mentioned, wtf is even the point of the reincarnation if he's going to push to improve himself perceiving everything in "human time" and then just....nothing for almost a century and suddenly decides to delve into ancient magic like 80 years later... this is so ... mediocre. :wtf:

This has to be one of the most scatterbrained and inconsistent first chapters of a work that I have ever bothered reading.

Dex-chan lover
So he finally got a family... and is loved... and has people his age around him that he WISHED for before dying.
And.... he ignores them to study magic to go outside. :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread