Majutsushi Kunon wa Miete Iru - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Trial and Error, then…

Dex-chan lover
This at least felt pretty organic, where he's been working toward this for like 2/3s of the manga and it feels like just a natural conclusion. Just comparing it in my mind to the blind girl isekai, where she randomly got a blessing from god to give her vision in a single chapter, which felt much more annoying.

Good luck blind kid.

Dex-chan lover
Turns out, Iko was a crustacean all along.
Maybe everybody else is.
Oh, crab!
MC reincarnated in the world of crab-people.
😁

Joke aside, I'm a little disappointed. That's the second "blind" MC that isn't blind anymore.
It feels like we're losing the selling point of the manga.
Then again, both of them already had a "magic sight" well before this point that allowed them to perceive the world in some way, so the handicap was already quite limited.

Dex-chan lover
attack the underside until it stunned & just reposte it. use dagger for bigger crit.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @Xenris
  • p3 stay by me -> stay by my side
  • p4 years,Zeonly -> years, Zeonly
  • p4 praised with achievements -> praised for his achievements // praised with accolades
  • p6 doesn't mean it's who you are -> doesn't mean it defines who you are
  • p10 I have one thing to report -> I have one more thing to report!

Dex-chan lover
I think I kinda hate the princess? Like I get she's a child herself and they're going to be... frustrating, but at first she HATED having the MC as a fiancé due to his disability and okay fine, she's a child with a forced fiancé and it doesn't really seem like they have social talks about how to treat people with disabilities in their society. I blame that treatment more on the people raising her. Like she should have been taught some things like not to be scared and put off by the MC. But then the MC had a personality shift and she was charmed by him and ever since then she's become so possessive and easily jealous. There's something I don't like about her current feelings on their relationship and how she started. Like there was never a major shift in her way of thinking or "I was wrong" or at least not focused on enough to be remembered. And now we have scenes like this where she doesn't want him to get rid of his disability (or learn more ways to counterbalance it with magic) so she feels... needed? And that one panel of her acting like she's mad over the royal magician/teacher not knowing if the MC can pull it off also rubs me the wrong way. Like on several levels both because how could he know that for certain and why are you of all people getting mad now? Also I'm starting to see why she annoys me. If everyone around her is like the Knight then she's been getting heavily enabled. Yes our actions matter more, but I still wouldn't almost encourage really awful thoughts like he did.
The reason why she didn’t like him wasn’t because he was disabled. She disliked him cause the MC was depressing AF before he learned magic. He was essentially a lifeless husk and not pleasant to be around in the least. When he stopped being depressed she slowly started to like him until it became love for her.

As for why she has that feeling of not wanting him to be able to see it’s because she feels if people find out he can see then girls are going to flock towards this genius of a MC and she isn’t worthy of being with such an amazing person. She has a rather large inferiority complex that is due to the situation at the castle and she feels that she won’t be able to object, if someone at the palace splits them up and has him married off to another princess, because she feels like she isn’t good enough for him.

Dex-chan lover
The young master put a lot of effort to come to this point, and he definitely had that growing complex until he found a direction to pursue.
I'm a little disheartened that he's gained sight, for I fear that the author will forget the premise of the story for newer trends, but I believe in them. I'm sure this new sight of his will come with it's disadvantages to balance out the story and call home to where we started.

Dex-chan lover
Ladies and gents, we are crab gaming 🦀 🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀

Users who are viewing this thread