Make available posting MangaDex images

Contributor
For example I want to post this image on the forum I can't. (the blob link is not working, yk open the link in a new tab thing)

It would be useful if I could do it. :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
For example I want to post this image on the forum I can't. (the blob link is not working, yk open the link in a new tab thing)

It would be useful if I could do it. :thumbsup:
I am pretty sure the blob link is just temporary data, it's basically generated internally by the browser. Blob urls are local, single instance in a browser for that session/same session.

This can explain why you cannot use it on a forum, you have to download it and upload it somewhere else and use the "insert image" thing to make it show of course.

You can read up on it more on This which is more helpful than me explaining it.
Otherwise, it's pretty pointless just to waste more space for just one image and it's better for them to be blob URLs aka temp data.

Dex-chan lover
Yes that's the problem, haha

That's why I want to allow image coming from url chapters + pages (the link in my first comment), that would be pretty useful (I think)!
It certainly would be more useful, I can get your point. lol

It's just it would be wasteful just for the image not to be a blob sadly, but it would be convenient and useful for stuff like that, I get what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread