Maken no Daydreamer - Vol. 7 Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
LoL these comments really show the depravity spreading in the US: " the depiction is tantamount to condoning slavery". Hence why you burn books and tear down statues to rewrite history - emulating the facists they claim to despise. Some never learn. What do you think serfdom was? It was common practice till the 1800s and so was selling children when you had too many mouths to feed.

Dex-chan lover
bro you can't remotely justify fucking slavery, especially not child slaves sold by parents like that. But frankly? Not criminal slaves either. Those basically happen in real life, but that doesn't change how unethical it is.

Not sure what to think of this take of slavery or the people acting like author supports it. While it definitely its by our modern standards a barbaric and backwards I’m not sure if the author Is trying to justify slavery as a means of punishment for convicts or something. While there is a history of this practice and it might be seen as a preferable alternative to capital punishment And yes there is still a lot wrong with it. However back in medieval history to early modern slavery or forced indentured servitude was usually better than the high likelihood of being sent to the chopping block. People don’t realize how harsh laws were for a long time in some extreme cases you can view the bloody code. Overall, mixed stance but it’s a fantasy manga set in a time period behind our own, curb your expectations.

Ngl, I'm on that ryuuto dudes side. I would merc every slave trader I could find. Just Fuckin murder the shit out of em, free the slaves, maybe start a revolt idk.

SJW in the comments. Sigh, stop getting political over fiction. It's non of your business, it's the author and their Japanese reader business. Japanese didn't care what your point of view are, if they can accept it, the will embrace it, and if the story still sell, they will use the story over and over again.

Also, a lot of manga/LN use slavery in their story. Some chose the good route, like the slaves eventually freed. Some chose bad route, like the slaves is legally allowed. Even, some chose slavery in disguise, like mind control, or curse, or anything else. It's norm, get over it.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh. It's that annoying guy with the more attractive harem than the MCs.

Users who are viewing this thread