Maken no Daydreamer - Vol. 7 Ch. 44

Oof. Yeah, nothing is quite so annoying as people with a utopian vision relying exclusively on emotion. Decrying anyone who might possibly disagree as evil, and resorting to violence with the excuse of 'protecting' a section of people who are probably better off if they weren't involved.

The really sick thing is how insidious such thinking is. I admit I wouldn't mind them getting beaten up rather badly, but on reflection such a desire is an emotional response to 'rectify' a perceived 'injustice'... which is exactly what they are doing.

I won't say that the writing is particularly good (it's a power fantasy, which is what I'm here for) but with the world the way it is, I can't help but see this very thing play out all over... this forum, and even myself to a degree.

Dex-chan lover
Was anyone else confused about this. I thought nana was an assistant to Noelle so why is MC and FMC talking like they own her even partially

Dex-chan lover
Oh, yeah. No malicious intent behind those words. Oh we'll free you! That's a bunch of BS. They never think 2 steps ahead. Free the slave, then what? Get them a job? Give them some starting funds?

Those who rely on emotion to get them to and fro and dictate their actions, are deemed to burn to the ground.

Dex-chan lover
@organiczero The biggest problem with a lot of "hero of justice" character is how you describe it... they don't think and are fundamentally emotion-based. They are raising a stink over ONE slave... in a village with a successful slave trade. If they properly practiced what they preached, then I would be fine with them, even if I find them annoying from time to time... they have the same problems as Itsuki and Motuyasu from Rising of the Shield Hero. They talk about morality and supposedly uphold it, then they are the most hypocritical people in the entire series.

Dex-chan lover
God I wish they'd just resolve this slave thing tbh. I get that it was actually pretty important to growing society in history but everytime isekais bring in slave collars/tattoos/magic I always cringe.

Why aren't those guys getting arrested for starting fights in town multiple times?

Dex-chan lover
This reminded me of when motoyasu tried to save raphtalia. Wish nana would've just given them a piece of her mind. The girl said it clearly that she didn't want to be saved.

Contributor
Can we please skip any arcs related to that shitty hero group? They're like a SJW Team Rocket that keeps popping up to "liberate" your pokemon.

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc well yes they're annoying but that's just gonna make their impending comeuppance all so sweet...like maturing wine.

Welp. I read this super quick and am pissed the mom doesn't show best up.

I went full degen and wished the MC would smash the mom lol.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for picking this up. Unfortunately, the previous scanlator didn't keep their promise to "give readers a heads up" when they dropped this series.

Aggregator gang
I wish this was the sort of manga where those wannabe hero’s just get destroyed lol.
I know they mean well but their attitude is like ‘your free, free to do as I say”

Dex-chan lover
@Add1152000

I mean, the point is the author is presenting them to you that way, in order to see them as antagonists. He's making the people who are relatively okay with slavery (more or less) into the good guys, and the people who are trying to do what's considered morally correct into the bad guys, while also trying to say "They're not heroes, they're just in it for their own sense of self-worth, they're hypocrites." or something.

It's really lame, shallow, and disingenuous.

Too many Japanese authors write stories where the people who are supposed to be good are evil/bad. SHOCK, such a twist. At this point, good/holy/lawfully-aligned people being ACTUALLY GOOD is a twist. This is just cliche.

Wow, haven't seen this series in a while, not exactly a fan but thanks for picking this up

Aggregator gang
Was this just on haitus? I read through it and it's pretty decent. Glad they addressed the idiotic MC personality. Supporting cast is pretty weak but the Mom is a good character. I wonder if they're going to update more

Also if he doesn't smash mom at the end of this manga I'm personally flying to Japan to find the author

Contributor
How dare they are against slavery! The gall of them. It reminds me of that stupid terrorist group called the Union who wants to steal slaves the poor Confederates.

Users who are viewing this thread