Makenshi no Maken Niyoru Maken no Tame no Harem Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Tower and The Monsters

Fed-Kun's army
@KaiOuSeiJin Thanks for the reply, and your reasoning does make sense.

That said, they just walked through a town filled with all manner of people normally referred to as demi-humans, people like elves and a wide variety of beast-people (rabbits/foxes/cats etc) and our MCs were all acting as wide eyed happy tourists (e.g. Seeing demi-humans had no negative reaction from them). This makes the use of "demi-human" in the tower extremely jarring and confusing. I stand by my previous statement that the word choice there really doesn't make sense to me as a reader.

Power Uploader
@frungy for what it's worth, the title of the manga Ajin (exact same term - 亜人 ) is localized as Demi-Human in English.
Though I personally think 'subhuman' would be a better fit here.

Fed-Kun's army
Glad we getting translators for this manga again since i was waiting for another to come and pick up the series

Dex-chan lover
@KaiOuSeiJin in the context of this guy, it would have been subhuman a better choice of words, as he can kill humanoid forms to apply his "justice"
well I got his point ('cause he killed the bandits, so it was obviously not about race but the form of the enemy), but there's a lot of readers that didn't.

Dex-chan lover
@Talh IMO, all of this could have been better if he started with the mindset of "hunt of be hunted" Instead of this animal/human being good or bad bs.

huh... well now that he has that mindset, let's hope actual demi-humans don't exist in this world. Else I'd feel bad for any beastmen or half-elves he comes across.

Dex-chan lover
So as long as the opponent doesn't seem evil he has difficulty fighting back. Well only problem I see is that he needed help in realizing that. Hope is doesn't become a pattern.

Dex-chan lover
So he couldn't initially kill the ferocious monster that literally tried to rip his throat out? And yet he had no problem killing his biological father after getting stabbed by him...

Dex-chan lover
@DemonicallyInspired yeah, it's too commonly used to describe nonhuman humanoid races in fantasy settings, and it's a wolf so not even remotely human.

That said, I suspect that it's a word choice in the raw since demihuman seems to be his trigger word for shutting down all empathy.

@BigPoppaEffy until sword girl reframed the situation for him, the wolf was just an animal and animals aren't "evil", so his dead eyed "purge" mode didn't get triggered like it does when people do evil.

I for one, support this beserker like paladin behavior.

Smite that evil, ask questions in the afterlife!

Double-page supporter
Thanks for translating this chapter,and he only gets triggered if the opponents are evil,hmmm interesting

Users who are viewing this thread