Making title editing history public [Not currently planned]

Dex-chan lover
Is it possible to make history of changes done to editing of title pages public? So that we can report people abusing their editing power? There are far too many changing content ratings and adding content tags to make a manga less visible because they don’t like the manga. There’s someone purposefully giving higher content ratings than they should for a lot of manga recently. Also it’d be easier to catch trolls and misinformation, and those that purposefully change to wrong titles.

Upvote 0
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Not currently planned, if you have issues with specific titles then report them.

Having a public history doesn't make a difference here; only staff can lock titles/remove edit rights regardless.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Yeah, but at least then you could report the repeat offenders.
Or you can report the title, and staff can look. It adds nothing. I'd rather people not report individual users for "repeat offending" because 99% of those reports would be garbage and attempts to get users banned over tagging disagreements.

Dex-chan lover
Or you can report the title, and staff can look. It adds nothing. I'd rather people not report individual users for "repeat offending" because 99% of those reports would be garbage and attempts to get users banned over tagging disagreements.
I guess we’ll just have to live with them abusing their powers then. It’s pretty demotivating that it has to be that way.

Staff
Super Moderator
Is it possible to make history of changes done to editing of title pages public? So that we can report people abusing their editing power? There are far too many changing content ratings and adding content tags to make a manga less visible because they don’t like the manga. There’s someone purposefully giving higher content ratings than they should for a lot of manga recently. Also it’d be easier to catch trolls and misinformation, and those that purposefully change to wrong titles.
tldr; You're not the first (or the last) to request this feature. MangaDex is not a database site, so the focus is to work on other features first.

This has been a requested feature by contributors (me included! before I became a mod) for a long time.
However, no matter how much you want it, it's currently just not as important as other features. While it is a sad truth, MangaDex is (currently and for the foreseeable future) not a database site. The main priority is on hosting scanlations and providing manga info is just a side effect of creating a good user friendly manga site.
While not optimal, the site runs just fine the way it currently is, so devs are working on other important features. And if there really is someone that is griefing data, we can always find out who that is.
Yeah, but at least then you could report the repeat offenders.
I guess we’ll just have to live with them abusing their powers then. It’s pretty demotivating that it has to be that way.
The truth is that the majority of conflicts between users that have edit perms are not malicious, so most of these can be solved by preventing edits. So just by locking the title.
And the few edits that are malicious can be reverted and banned.

Dex-chan lover
tldr; You're not the first (or the last) to request this feature. MangaDex is not a database site, so the focus is to work on other features first.

This has been a requested feature by contributors (me included! before I became a mod) for a long time.
However, no matter how much you want it, it's currently just not as important as other features. While it is a sad truth, MangaDex is (currently and for the foreseeable future) not a database site. The main priority is on hosting scanlations and providing manga info is just a side effect of creating a good user friendly manga site.
While not optimal, the site runs just fine the way it currently is, so devs are working on other important features. And if there really is someone that is griefing data, we can always find out who that is.

The truth is that the majority of conflicts between users that have edit perms are not malicious, so most of these can be solved by preventing edits. So just by locking the title.
And the few edits that are malicious can be reverted and banned.
Thanks for the explanation. I really hope it becomes a feature one day. I’ve just seen harmful editing so many times, on my own work too, that I’m getting a bit tired of it.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
Thanks for the explanation. I really hope it becomes a feature one day. I’ve just seen harmful editing so many times, on my own work too, that I’m getting a bit tired of it.
Like Tristan and Brave already said... If it happens again, just click the report button and put your complaint in there. The staff really DO read these and take them seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread