Manga where second lead syndrome pays off

Usually in most romances the first girl/guy the MC meets is the one they owns up with, but along the ways there will occasionally be a rival to their love interest, and it sucks when that pairing is better than the one the author follows through with. I don't know many that have gone against the grain, just
Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru, where the MC gets with the first girl's friend instead.
Any suggestions would be great.

Dex-chan lover
@OsseinMarrow
Although it's basically impossible to prevent spoilers in a recommendation thread concerning the ending pairing of a manga, you should still spoiler tag that one you referenced.

I have one, although you may have already read it. Can't even mention the name outside of the spoiler tag tho lol, as it'd give away the ending pairing.

Dex-chan lover
@OsseinMarrow
I guess putting the reccomendation on spoiler tag make sense @bigtiddyoneesan
Byousoku 5 Centimeter a classic
Hourou Musuko exactly what you lookin' for
H2 this feels drag out when I first read it ngl
Ballroom e Youkoso its not romance per se but the supposed main girl got introduced after two other girls and you can kinda ship any of them really
Mousou Telepathy actually follow the traditional pairing where the childhood friend lost (and she also best girl) but she actually found the perfect men for herself while still being best bff and best girl to our heroine and you just feel happy even when she lost the mc bowl
Demi-chan wa Kataritai for this one, the dullahan student kinda getting set up as the heroine (good 'ol one-sided crush on teacher) if it your typical harem romance series (which this is not) but on the last volume, they actually sink that ship and actually trying to sail the ship with the succubus teacher (that also have a crush on mc)

@bigtiddyoneesan I'm pretty sure that particular title isn't for me. Thanks for the recommendation but I've never enjoyed watching someone's life get run into the ground, unless they were some evil big bad ala
Shield Hero
@MawMaw I've actually read
Mousou Telepathy
, it was pretty good, and I'd been meaning to read
Ballroom e Youkoso
since Butter kinda fell flat for me, for reasons unrelated to the topic of this post.

Users who are viewing this thread