Mangadex Guild Groups.

Dex-chan lover
I was considering how I could bring this topic up in a manner that would make sense, and whether it would be better to bring it up after the revamped site's relaunch. After some thought I decided now would be better if some aspects of it's implementation would warrant modification of the original site plans.

I noticed MD's mission revolves around scanlator groups, and encouraging them to come upload their adaptations of manga.

When I was at HGeeks they had a guild system that while it was useful as a type of club system on that site I believe it could be of real value here.
Here I think the various guilds could become valuable assets to the community and the scanlator groups.

This is how I see it going!

A Mangadex Art & Graphics Guild:
This group would recruit aspiring artists of various skill levels, and experienced cleaners, redrawers, artists, and graphic editors that may have done work in groups before, but have reached the point where they cannot devote as much time as they once could to being full time group members. The mission of this guild is to keep creative passions active by producing avatars and graphic or meme style signatures that fit within the forum's template guidelines, that will be made available for use by any who need them in a gallery showcase. ( I'm not quite sure what form the showcase would take. Perhaps a variant of a manga listing with the content uploaded as chapters in a form where if a user wants to display one they just copy/paste the image link to the signature section?) All I ask of the members of this guild is to be willing to take on community member requests for custom Avatar and signature. And for any experienced pros or adventurous rookies would be willing to tackle scanlator group help requests as voluntary freelance operators when small groups need a helping hand. (Think account temps for artists.)

A Mangadex Translator Guild:
This group would recruit the members with linguistic skills who enjoy discussing how the raw text compares to the translated offerings uploaded on the site.
This groups mission would be to function as a type of think tank that the scanlator groups could use when the mangaka's chicken scratch or train of thought resulting from too little sleep, or too much sake is becoming dangerously close to gibberish. This consortoriam could fulfill the same purpose as a Captcha does for text recognition software development by providing additional feedback to form consensus in these cases. This group could also provide a means of bridging the language gap between the artist guild and requestees, and to help prevent failed google translate issues when attempting to create a text overlay in alternate language from the artist's original. ( No biting wax tadpoles please!)😖

A Mangadex Techie Guild:
A group of current or former developers to mull over bugs and issues. ( May be of use but not a area I have much knowledge in 😶)

There may be more, but that's all I got for now. 😵

Dex-chan lover
icon_beatdeadhorse.gif
😏

Dex-chan lover
Was getting worried my thread slayer status kicked in before my message was received. 😁
45.gif

Users who are viewing this thread