MangaDex Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy it's back

Who reads boruto anyways. Oh well, I'll be sure to report Official TLs.

Group Leader
Long live MangaDex. Until someone else uploads another official chapter, of course.

Power Uploader
@Siquall To be fair the chapter in question is a fan-colored version, so it kinda slipped past everyone's attention. This was a rather cunning move if it's done by the trolls, but otherwise we should be on guard for official English rip, even if at first glance it may not look like it.

Finally. Thanks for your hard work.

But i am curious about the whole DMCA thing. Can Viz and other publishers only act against rips of their publications, and not against fan-translated scanlations? I'd have thought they could act against both. If i remember right,that was why batoto had stopped uploading both official and unofficial scans of major Viz titles like One Piece

Power Uploader
@Santouryuu If it's deemed that the fan translation is harming official release's profit, then yes publishers could DMCA them. This usually happens with ongoing manga that has the fan translation going far ahead of official release, meaning less people'd be inclined to buy them because they've already read the fan TL

Dex-chan lover
Yay it’s back. Thank you for all of your hard work. I think we were having withdrawals from not being blue to visit the site.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to say I'm going to boycott Viz and never buy anything from them again because of this, but I was already doing that and not even reading any of their titles (legal or fan-translated) so I can't. I'll just continue not giving them my money and telling everyone I know why they shouldn't either.

Thanks for all the hard work getting the site migrated and back online!

Fed-Kun's army
Welcome back Mangadex, finally my day will not be empty again!
Thank you everyone

Dex-chan lover
Yay, MangaDex is back!

In addition to what other users have stated, fuck Viz for having too much market share. I hate monopolies.

Dex-chan lover
i want to re confirm things again. does the older chapter can be accessible until the site back to the org ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread