MangaPlus

This is an awesome step towards worldwide manga release but the translation still feels awkward. Just checked the latest naruto chapter and they turned kage bunshin to probably some weird literal translation that feels wrong to read (shadow doppelganger jutsu, they translated everything but the jutsu part. Talk about inconsistent). Still it can only get better

Could you stop uploading fake chapters to everything? I don't care about your adverts. People come here rather than to your website because your site is obnoxious and full of ads.

I'm okay with it if it actually contributes actively to keeping MD afloat, but if not, why is this scam allowed here?

Group Leader
How are you allowed to just not post chapters and only self-promote, and still get away with it?

Group Leader
can someone add the new magu-chan god of destruction chapters on mangaplus now?

Someone should automate this. Please. It's very handy to use mangadex to track new chapters from mangaplus.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@purplemontart I don't know if you're aware but Japan already has their own services to provide SJ and whatnot for free (students only, I think?) or cheap. This is their solution for everyone OUTISDE of Japan. Not sure why you're getting mad at the same company that provides both.

@Nanaca @reader67941 MangaPlus started a year ago as a way to read official chapters from Shonen Jump for free, and at the time we decided to support Shueisha's choice of making a completely free aggregator by linking to their site. I don't know what part of it you think is a scam, lol. If you don't want to bother supporting the official release just block the group. It's 0 effort on our part to link to the site so we do it.

@4V29LN0n It's been automated for a long time.

@Plykiya I thought it’s not automated because it doesn’t always show up on time. For example last week’s mangaplus Sunday releases were added on Tuesday.

@Plykiya @BraveDude8 @Lymus
Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help clear something up for me.
Is there a reason why the blocking function does not work with the MangaPlus group?
Is this due to a bug? Or is it on purpose that the group still shows up on Latest update?

Personally, I don't really have any problems with MangaPlus or the MangaPlus group on MangaDex. I use the Shonen Jump app for iOS, so I can relate to disliking their less than enjoyable manga reader. But that doesn't really have anything with MangaDex.
My only minor complaint relating to the MangaPlus group on Mangadex, would be the fact that the blocking function doesn't seem to work specifically for this group.
I realize that this is a fairly insignificant problem, and that I can just not look at the All tab of Latest updates. But it would be a nice QoL thing on the rare occasion I browse the updates for new titles to read, and not having to scroll past a block of MangaPlus updates that can't even be read on the MangaDex site.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Berriesdingler Blocking it works just fine for me. Latest updates page is a legacy feature two years with no updates, don't expect things to work there.

Dex-chan lover
What is this shit? I can't read any chapters of you on MD. Mods ban this shitty advertising!

If I follow their links, then it says blocked because of region. Do us a favor and leave MD already!

Terrible in my opinion. Deleting old chapters, some out of order pages in chapters, and licensing big name manga. I rather go to an ad filled manga site than this shit.

Users who are viewing this thread