Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai

I really like this one. Tbh I'm not so much into FPS games, but this manga makes me wanna just dive into one! That's rare for me to say. And what about the art? Its pretty good. In my opinion. The monsters so far look pretty good as well (remind me of some Dark Souls Enemies where you see some and just think "F*ck what can i do?!")

So the manga is a change of pace for everyone who likes isekai in my opinion. It also doesn't seem like the MC is too OP or his scales are way off. So you feel like hes actually making progress and not just breezing through the missions like its nothing.

Am one hair from dropping this. The author is so bad at the weapon/magic system that its derailing the verisimilitude of the world. When things happens contrary to established background the whole story falls apart. The consequence of the MCs actions doesn't have tension because MCs previous actions doesn't matter. Reality is warped, thing happens because the author doesn't think, just does.

This would have been significantly better if the CP system was dropped entirely and it was all a nebulous power instead, or run on some form of convoluted subjective source instead (since this latest chapter used it, why not "friendship"). The more you try to make sense of the system the angrier you get. Absolute crap. All it got going for it is currently the art.

Go either hard "magic system" or soft. Don't do the indecisive thing this author does which is claiming its hard (logical like a currency and mostly defined) then using it like its soft (works inconsistently, only available when needed to as feelings and drama dictate).

Be one of the Tolkien (soft) or be Sanderson (hard). Don't be the turd in between you currently are.

Perhaps a 5 out of 10. i like the story but the art is a little funky.

Broooooo! I hate the frikin MC. Why are you using an SMG? This guy is so damn dumb! Why the puck is an SMG (p-90) your primary and a scar-h your secondary. This MC for some reason loves SMG. Literally SMGs are used only really for the police force because they provide less collateral damage and don't over-penetrate. Exactly the opposite of what the MC needs. The MC is also complaining about munition costs and ignores the fact that an SMG will burn through your ammo faster than an AR or even a Battle rifle will. There were so many better options tho! Apparently attachments don't exist and the MC loves iron sights. I don't understand how the damn game system works either! Its literally pay to play! Apparently it costs money (CP) for the damn munitions which you should have bought and stocked up on beforehand! it only understandable to do that because you were going on an expedition. I also don't understand how you blast through all of your CP when you grinded for like weeks to earn it all. Like we gonna ignore the fact that he had a butt load of picking crystals and blew through it all in one battle only using small arms fire. Was the man broke before he got isekiaed? why can't he buy ammo beforehand so he doesn't really need to worry about having to spend? Is ammo really that expensive? It literally costs mone to change weapons, WTH? the sense of balance when it comes to guns and its performances doesn't exist and is replaced with the amount of CP you use. It is understandable that a rocket launcher uses more CP than a normal gun but why does one shot cost your whole puckin bank account? Is our MC a true gamer?

Just a small detail that bothered me a bit:
That he had an AR in his personal during the intro when he was playing the game in his world, so here I am wondering why the hell he wants using it?
Also, if this was a game that mimicked a military battlefield in any timeline what made you think a poison, full-body power suit would affect others in their power suit? Besides we don't use poison gas in the military because the Geneva Convention prohibited it during the war. So such weapons wouldn't have even been made.
If you read all of this i am proud of you

Fed-Kun's army
So is this a romance or no? Cause the guild girl and him seem to have a thing or 2 going

stupid choice of weapon and low on CP? wtf

the FPS game he mention looks dope but the weapon is weak AF..

im not a firearms expert but when i played battle field ,i know what to use to beat a tank.. or when i become a special force,use c4 to explode a tank..

and this guy fight a giant with gun like that? shame

Group Leader
Here's a protip:
Read the title again. (I can enjoy this manga because of that.)

He is indeed stupid. But still, I'm expecting a development for him, probably we'll see it in the coming chapters
6/10, but the art is good enough for me. 7/10, for now.

Them hairs looks so fluffy :D

EDIT:
8/10, yes. The art is great, ... and this
rEW6lS8.png
I like seeing her desperate face

I just remembered, in some P2W multiplayer FPS game, some of the guns the player are being able to use are not purchasable, they are rented. So, for example, if I want to use a different gun than what is gifted to me in a newbie package, like say, two Deagle for dual wielding, then I certainly can purchase them, either by paying with real-world money or by in-game one, only with a catch, a real nasty catch, that is the weapons I am purchasing, or in this case renting, are only usable to me for a limited amount of time, and I can't use them anymore after the time expire, thus making the game an ultimate money-sinking machine everybody loves to hate
the VR game in this manga seems to follow that very same P2W logic, as we hadn't seen him pulling out one of his heavy hitters yet, like the bazooka, after he pulled it out one time against that big bird thing when he was adventuring before.
it would certainly make more sense of his mentality of saving up his crystals if this was the case, if at all, as the very weapons he was able to summon at a moment's notice were not actually his. the weapons were the property of the VR system, and he was able to only rent these weapons from the system for an allotted amount of time by paying for them in crystals, and when the time do expire, he was then forced to use his default, if weak gun that can exist in an indefinite amount of time.

Dex-chan lover
@Ariki-R
No.
Both in the WN/LN and in the manga, he has free access to the weapons permanently after buying them. The reason he doesn't bring out the heavy hitters is because he's a miser penny-pinching retard. Literally, it's in the name. "Manuke." Dumb FPS player. Because he is. The guy willingly puts his own life and life of others on the line in an attempt to save money instead of grinding crystals/CP to ensure a steady supply. And it often ends up biting him in the ass because it's a dumb strategy.

Ammo costs money/CP. As does equipment like grenades, ect. I've addressed this inconsistency with him seemingly running out of money/CP despite busting out heavier equipment on a smaller budget multiple times in chapter comments. Nothing can really explain it. He can bust out a Crysis suit, grenades, claymores and magdump all day long when those kids were being chased by monsters despite not having a lot of money to spend on it. And then, after grinding a bit, he doesn't do much with it and he's "suddenly" out of money. Either he spent a lot of it summoning vehicles for dumb-as-fuck reasons like mapping in privacy or the author just can't keep track of it. I'm not sure which is more likely or which worse.

@definitionofinsanity
....that's... stupid.... the mc is especially stupid, and no matter how pretty the picture is, I'm dropping this thing right now. thanks for the heads up, I will not try to justify the mc's action anymore, seeing that he is retarded to the bone.

Dex-chan lover
the sasanqua girls and specially mitchie being 1000% super cute pulls this manga ahead, i love the tank girl she's an absolute unit but still looks like a cute girl and not some macho amazon.

Also, the artwork is suuuper intricate, i love that, the level of detail in each armor/weapon/shield, the extra guilding each part have instead of just your regular bland bent sheet metal reminds me of AMG.

and yes, MC is a fucktard:
Why the fuck he waits until the party is almost dead to switch to AP 7.62?, as you say, he's a penny-pinching moron, why didn't he use the guided RPG from the go like with big bird?, or used some C4 satchels?, or regular frag grenades?, hell, why doesn't he put out a M2 with AP and just blow the giant warden to smithereens?, who cares the CP cost he's going to recoup it.

Or better ye,t he can pull out a fucking armored car(granted, a WW2 AC), why can't he pull out an APC with a turret?, again, an M2 or a bushmaster.

Also, doesn't he have a grenade launcher like the Milkor MGL(6 barrel 40mm launcher) , that would simply obliterate the boss, but nooo he jumps in and RIPS the face of the hollow off(don't shit me, that thing is a bleach hollow)

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I just binge-read this so here's my two cents:

[ul]MC is the weakest point of the story.
He's too conservative with his points that he rarely ever pulls out any big weapons. This has cost lives and the story isn't afraid to show that.
However, one thing I realized is that we don't really know how much anything costs. The author has intentionally kept it vague so that he doesn't have to deal with number. This generates confusion in the comment section on whether he has a buttload of points or whether everything costs in the literal thousands. In the latest chapter, most readers complained about him not using his strongest weapons but then it was revealed he didn't even have any points to get normal ammo. Considering he had a lot of points from before, it's safe to assume that ammo is expensive as fuck but the author avoids explaining the economy of this. That's why it's so confusing. [/ul]

But...

[ul]The story has one of the best world-building I've ever read. The mysteries of the labyrinth is so incredible and out of this world that it's the one thing I want more of. The most we learn about the labyrinth, the more questions we get not because it's bad but because no one in-universe knows it either.
There's a constant sense of dread or apocalyptic feeling in this story, even when in safe areas. Labyrinths are the equivalent of natural disasters in this world and the author doesn't hold back on that. These mazes are so unnatural for both the MC and the locals and yet, the entire economy is surrounded by it.
They're basically living next to an active volcano and the best they do is cool it down slightly to extract precious ores. But the volcano can erupt at any time and they know it. [/ul]

Overall, bad MC (or more precisely, we can't relate to the MC because we don't understand what he sees) but incredible world-building and story. I recommend this.

I need CP for all of my equipments and dunno how to acquire huge amount easily yet but fck that! let's use auto firemode and equipments all the time,, surely things will work itself for me

I have futuristic optic and sensor but i can't stealth kill or plan ahead and can get ambush easily

MC not stupid but not smart either, just typical shounen MC,, naive, beta and simpleton, oh and power of friendship!

Shallow storyline, have bit of dramatization, sloppy plot, dry joke,,

I get feeling MC is typical player that glorifies expensive items and love rushing (on FPS game)

If you knows about FPS games and firearm,,,
be careful reading this manga

Users who are viewing this thread