Maou Desu. Onna Yuusha no Hahaoya to Saikon Shita no de, Onna Yuusha ga Giri no Musume ni Narimashita.

I like this manga, demons are just thinking beings who defend their right to life and not only want to conquer and rape by the lulz, the MC is a chad who chooses the path of being a hero trying to stop the war and make demons and humans coexist in peace and don't build a harem while he go around destroying everything.

I feel a little bad for the fake hero, but even he has someone to defend no matter how cowardly he is.

Dex-chan lover
I just want to say that I love the family friendly shenanigans happening in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I dropped after chapter 9. While the premise seems interesting, it quickly devolves into a simple step-dad trying to win the affection of step-daughter. The fact he is a demon lord plays almost no role in it. I didn't find it funny, and it quickly went to a slice of life, which I usually find boring. My biggest complaint is the fact that its differential doesn't make it different from a common slice of life, there is no long-standing conflict (the heroine doesn't accept him, but doesn't care much or tries anything to separate both).

Dex-chan lover
Read the rest on another site, easy to find by just searching the title.
But man.. that really was something. It touches on topics that don't really get discussed or shown a lot and it handles it pretty well.
The fact that the previous wife was basically stuck at her grave and able to see her husband continue on living was warming but also absolutely somehow crushing in my opinion. Although she does so with a smile, I can't help but wish that she had some way of either being more included, reincarnated somehow, or somehow at least being at rest. Seeing all that must be absolutely devastating in some regard, at least in my head.. the last page of the last chapter got me when everyone was so happy and she was small in the background with a slight smile. Oof.

Still a great story.

Users who are viewing this thread