Maou-jou de Oyasumi - Ch. 230 - Transform! The True Demon King Twilight

Dex-chan lover
As much as final bosses are supposed to have more than one stage, I didn't expect him to have other forms.

I say forms, because his father said "second form", not final.

Aggregator gang
again, leaving "Tasogare" as is instead of localizing to Twilight, like... I get it, that's an artistic choice. But it is also yet another reason why the scanlator who has been working on this series for years is and will always be far better than this sniper. No hate, just truth. But this is a good effort, something to cut your teeth on I suppose!

Well, Kirei uses Akatsuki and Suya Rhys rather than their localized names, Dawner and Sya Lis so not sure if that's a good comparison...

Also, a lot of Kirei's trans don't make sense when compared to the official trans: Viz translation. Check my comment in 71 for ref:

In Kirei, it's Suya who won't wake up no matter what Leo does making it seem like he's doing inappropriate stuff to her in other characters' eyes.

In Viz trans, it's Leo who doesn't wake up no matter what she did to him implying he's a heavy sleeper who's unaware of whatever antics she does to him before fainting.

In 143, Kirei's trans for 71 wouldn't make sense in regards to Leo being so shocked upon finding out that Suya has been visiting his room everyday since he should already be aware of that fact by being awake and trying many ways to wake her up if that were the case.

Even with with a lot of inaccuracies in Kirei's translations, I still enjoy reading their translations as much as I do with 2 other versions, this translation and the official one.

I don't know Japanese, so I can't make a comment on the exact accuracies, nor do I have Viz's translations, however,

The context of Kirei Cake's translation of 71 and 143 should still make sense. In 71, Neo wouldn't get that angry at Leo if he was the one who couldn't get up after sleeping. Princess being the unwakable one frames him as indecent, which is why they tie him up at the end. The latter would seem more true to the story because a running gag is other characters often seeing Leo as indecent when it concerns the princess.

Chapter 143 still makes sense from Kirei's translation because Suya says she visits when Leo is sleeping.

0071-008.png

@Tammy

The "I don't wake up no matter what you do" line from Suya in Kirei's translation in 71 would definitely imply that Leo should already be aware of Suya visiting/trespassing his room (and waking her up then kicking her out of his room) for a good amount of time now even if the explanation for 143 was she did so during only when he's sleeping, his reaction should been along the lines like...

"Argh! The Princess's already been trespassing into my room and I didn't think she'd also do so when I'm asleep!!"

And not just a moment of silence in pure shock as if he never knew this fact before Minotaru told him then she quickly added she only trespasses when he's sleeping causing him to be even more shocked. Not only does it not add up well, it also doesn't make sense.

There's also innacurarries in 79 when Leo mentioned that she couldn't tell him and Twilight apart and she just said in Kirei's translation, "if you'd stop covering your eyes, you'd realize it too" which is rather poetic and vague but confusing at what she meant by which part Leo would also realize and not really replying to what he said.

0079-012.png

All I can say is that while Kirei's translation isn't the most accurate translation, there's still hard work put into it and it's fun to compare all 3 versions.

Users who are viewing this thread