Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 72.2

Dex-chan lover
Situation: You've inadvertently proposed marriage.
A.) Be a child and deny it or play it off as a joke.
B.) Be an adult and clear up the misunderstanding whatever the consequences.
C.) Be a harem protagonist and casually acquire another wife.

Dex-chan lover
Wife meetings... not my favourite in this series.
Personally, I love them. It's that quirky reversal of power in these harems. Some might think that guy is the one in charge, but oooohhhh nooo, this couldn't be further from the truth. Instead, the one in charge is the First Wife as she holds council with all of her "Sisters". While the head might be in charge, it's the neck that turns the head!

It's hilarious because this used to be how things were done in the households of feudal lords, and the MC is completely clueless on this matter. The hilarity is in that it's not like it wasn't known to the MC. In the period dramas that were once very popular in Japan, while the feudal lord's dealings were the meat of the story, the wife and her household matters were the potatoes that went with it. So it would be logical to assume that the MC is supposed to be aware of what's going on.... But he isn't. Instead, he's looking at everything from the perspective of a modern-day corporate worker/slave/drone, not realizing that he's suddenly become like those feudal lords he used to watch on TV.

Dex-chan lover
Would be fun if the wife or first girlfriend or whatever in these kinds of situations ever go
"Sure I'm fine with it..."
"Okay, cool :D"
"But that clearly means you're also fine with me finding another boyfriend or husband, right?"
"Uuuuhh..... that's now how this is supposed to work..."

Dex-chan lover
Would be fun if the wife or first girlfriend or whatever in these kinds of situations ever go
"Sure I'm fine with it..."
"Okay, cool :D"
"But that clearly means you're also fine with me finding another boyfriend or husband, right?"
"Uuuuhh..... that's now how this is supposed to work..."
Logically, but if that were the case it'd mean someone was equally as powerful as the MC to be able to rate as Husbando #2, and there's not much precedent for that. 2nd runners usually get it in them to aim for the top spot and then get killed too.
How are these marriages gonna work? Yuki and Lefi are practically immortal, the others are not!:unsure:
That's probably why it's fine to Lefi, they're all lesser beings with short lifespans so she can share for a few short years. In the end she gets him for eternity.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Someone already mentioned this before in the last chapter but yeah, that ex-fiance was unceremoniously CTRL+X'ed. He was not even DEL'ed - it was as if he was CUT from the canvass and is now forever in the manga's clipboard forgotten and will be flushed from the RAM sooner or later. He's not even shown in Lew's father's party as they left. :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread