Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru

Dex-chan lover
@AMicrowave I know it's supposed to be Early Modern English, the problem is that most of the time they are confusing the verb endings (it should be -st for the second person and -th for the third person) and the pronouns (it should be thou for the nominative and thee for the objective.) For example when says "Thee knoweth" it should be "Thou knowest".

please use proper english... my mind spinning reading this "thou" "art" "doth" "knoweth""thee"

i kinda agree on that regular english thing, i mean its not that hard to read but its just annoying when its done this much

Fed-Kun's army
@xfrodo1 Oh I somewhat agree to that view. But I remember having some Dragons who were really curious about other races and also pretty accepting of living alongside them. Bronze dragons for example used to be friendly enough that it could even trade stories with adventurers and help them in someway or another after having them do something for the dragon. THere was Draconomicon book for D&D in which if feature pretty much any kind of dragon from any culture, and even had some who would transform into humans and live alongside them while acting like adventurers for a time. It also had rules to add classes to dragons. Of which I still struggle to imagine a Dragon Rogue, to this day. A Dragon Monk would be very deadly though. They would give a whole new meaning to Dragon Punch.

@bloodysorcerer true enough, but arent white dragons generally evil and isolationists in dnd? I do need to pick up that book somtime, would prolly help in my DMing. Lol

Bottom line the speech is part of her character, changing it at this point will take away from her some of her identity. (Maybe the MC could give her a book on modern language or spend some time teaching her which would add to the story.)

Just changing it from one scan to the next would be ackward.

Fed-Kun's army
@xfrode1 That's true, but only if we're talking about the chromatic white dragons. There are other species of white colored dragons, some of them are actually good.
But given her coloring, I thought of her as being a silver dragon and not a white one. Metalic dragons are usually good dragons, and silver dragons in special are one of the species of dragons that enjoyed the company of humans and elves so much, that they assumed human forms and lived among them. I'd imagine her being a somewhat arrogant, but good natured person.
Kind of like, well, those rich little girls that either speak with "wara wa" or a "desu".

Supporter
@xfrodo1 yeah, but there's still proper sentence structure to be adhered to. A lot of what's happening is like mixing up "I" and "me" or "it" and "that": it's even less coherent when you consider "old-timey" views on language structure.

I keep dropping this coz I just cant seem to get past the dragon "speech". It's a bore to read so much just for a simple sentence every damn time. jesus

Users who are viewing this thread