Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 11 Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
How come you guys changed some of the names?
Barbaros ---> Barbatos
Chastel ----> Chastille
Can't comment too much on chastel/chastille but i can guess on it, but it should have always been barbatos, as it's the name of a demon of the goetia, just like zagan and bifrons, barbaros is not, basically alot of the characters related to the mages are named after goetian demons, there's probably a story reason for this but well, there you go.

As for chastel/chastille it's a bit more difficult to be sure, chastel is a french i believe last name, while chastille is a first name that means spiritual, domestic and gentle in terminology, both of these pronounciations could refer to chastel/chastille's character as chastel might refer to a ethnicity similar to the holy roman empire or french catholic knights which would be similar to the order she's a part of, while chastille would fit this definition as well as her link to spiritualism and somewhat gentle personality.

Dex-chan lover
Bifrons can't die, no matter what Zagan do. He blow him into smithereens and even scattered his soul. But in later volume Bifrons revives again.
Granted what he does instead might be even more cruel than killing him considering certain realizations Bifrons had.

Dex-chan lover
What's the most evil thing a demon lord can do?
Taking over the world? Nah.
Killing everyone? Not even close.
It's this:
jACrP6Y.png

And for that, someone needs to pay.

Dex-chan lover
Damn Zagan that's a hell of a leap also yeah catgirl is definitely the butlers adopted kid

Dex-chan lover
Can't comment too much on chastel/chastille but i can guess on it, but it should have always been barbatos, as it's the name of a demon of the goetia, just like zagan and bifrons, barbaros is not, basically alot of the characters related to the mages are named after goetian demons, there's probably a story reason for this but well, there you go.

As for chastel/chastille it's a bit more difficult to be sure, chastel is a french i believe last name, while chastille is a first name that means spiritual, domestic and gentle in terminology, both of these pronounciations could refer to chastel/chastille's character as chastel might refer to a ethnicity similar to the holy roman empire or french catholic knights which would be similar to the order she's a part of, while chastille would fit this definition as well as her link to spiritualism and somewhat gentle personality.
What is the Ars Goetia? I googled it and looked at the wiki article but I still have no idea what it is

Dex-chan lover
What is the Ars Goetia? I googled it and looked at the wiki article but I still have no idea what it is
It's a book about occultism and mystic magic, but exactly what it contains usually isn't that important.

What's relevant most of the time is that it has a list of names for demons, since those names are frequently used in fiction for various characters. It often signifies that the character in question is evil or otherwise not to be trusted. Or it's an actual demon of sorts, which may or may not be evil depending on setting.

Dex-chan lover
Ars goetia is a book about mysticism and magic, but more importantly, as AnotherDuck said, it lists the 72 demons of the goetia that were supposedly bound by solomon to build the first jewish temple.
The Ars Goetia is one of the five books of the lesser key of solomon, also known as the lemegeton.
Barbaros is valid name tho, he was the most famous Ottoman Fleet Admiral, Barbaros Hayredin (Khairuddin Barbarossa)
While it is, it does not fit in with the naming scheme of the series.

It's a book about occultism and mystic magic, but exactly what it contains usually isn't that important.

What's relevant most of the time is that it has a list of names for demons, since those names are frequently used in fiction for various characters. It often signifies that the character in question is evil or otherwise not to be trusted. Or it's an actual demon of sorts, which may or may not be evil depending on setting.
Eh, i'd say it's about 50/50 these days, i see alot of times where the goetian demon names are used to denote heroes, probably thanks to high school dxd which named a good deal of the cast of the series after the 72 demons or angels.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, i'd say it's about 50/50 these days, i see alot of times where the goetian demon names are used to denote heroes, probably thanks to high school dxd which named a good deal of the cast of the series after the 72 demons or angels.
Isn't HSDXD largely about demons, though? And yeah, probably right. Probably series that try to be a bit more edgy.

Dex-chan lover
Ars goetia is a book about mysticism and magic, but more importantly, as AnotherDuck said, it lists the 72 demons of the goetia that were supposedly bound by solomon to build the first jewish temple.
The Ars Goetia is one of the five books of the lesser key of solomon, also known as the lemegeton.

While it is, it does not fit in with the naming scheme of the series.

Interestingly I actually saw Asmodeus used in another rom com manga for a demon

Zagan please calm down, he would just laugh in your face when you reach him with that reasoning

Users who are viewing this thread