Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - The Quiet Ones are Devastatingly Terrifying when Angry 2

I bet Zagan will stop her by saying something like "don't dirty your hands with this filthy. Leave it to me, please go make the meal, I'll send the guests off." or something like that? Well, that girl will definitely survive, I don't know about the others...

... I just thought how beautiful would it be if they were impaled while writing this comment, I don't know why, I just want them to suffer.

Dex-chan lover
Even though it's an overused trope, it still caught me by surprise. This manga is still a 7, but an unsteady one with tendency to 8.

"A group attack on a single person... Knights are truly a bunch of cowards."

Dex-chan lover
well the slave seller did say she had some ridic magical powers, so this wasnt unexpected, but still surprising.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
He himself paid that much, to insure no one opposed him in a bidding war. He may have gotten her for less had a bidding war began. But he didn't want that chance, obviously.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
Sure, but what harm would it have done if somebody had tried to initially outbid him? They wouldn't have gone up to the million anyway. In my opinion he risked far more this way. Now there should be some so flabbergasted by the outrageous price that they start to imagine Zagan has found some truly miraculous use for an elf (of her kind) and thus needed her, no matter the price. Such as immortality, or whatever. Consequently they would try to find out what use it could possibly be, and then rob her away. Of course it's all true, but the use isn't exactly what any other mage would have expected.

Dex-chan lover
@Lanfear. No. Not Yandere. This is a healthy reaction to someone you care about being hurt. Protectiveness/jealousy≠ Yandere

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
I agreed with you. He may have gotten her at a marginally lower price with a bidding war. What he did was a quick outburst because he fell in love with her.
It's also a power play. Drop that much money on a single bid and people think you're not fucking around and intend to go higher if necessary. Or, conversely, it is a line in the sand. One you don't want to cross. Especially one made by a "demon king".
You see it used a lot in mauhua martial arts stories with the auction house trope.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
Yeah, it's not any deal breaker for me. He indeed did it because Nephie stole his heart immediately and nothing else mattered, personal financies included. Considering his personality, with how we have seen him deal with bandits and other unwanted people, also evident in the strange lines he delivered to Nephie especially in the beginning, it's also fitting he made a really quick and abrupt decision. Perhaps it's due to his origin as a petty thief, who probably had to judge what to steal and what to avoid in a fraction of a second, with nothing to lose in the long term, really.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
I think there's also the fact that neither he nor Nephy actually have a strong concept of money or personal property, or at the very least their's isn't really normal, to consider. Zagan doesn't really believe in using regents as a mage, thinking his own personal power is more reliable. Also, until now, he survived entirely on dried meat and milk, which I don't remember if they ever explained how he got. He doesn't really earn or use money and all he had was left over from his predecessor. It would be natural for him to not think to limit the money he spends on her or to consider that a normal person might want/need things. Fortunately, Nephy is pretty abnormal too and wouldn't think/know to ask more of him in terms of material support. In a way, they're both kinda learning to function which leads to how it works narratively. Zagan now needs to start interacting with society to address Nephy's needs, not just buying her stuff but doing honest work to afford it. So the story will probably just be them build a home and find a place in the world in some weird way.

Users who are viewing this thread