Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Even So, Defeating Evil is a Holy Knight's Duty (4)

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka no i can pretty safely extrapolate from a single data point when the single data point is systemic abuse of an innocent child. not a one-off event, not a single instance of cruelty, her entire life. every single day. it required the entire village to participate in, at minimum, extreme neglect. am i bringing my biases from other forms of media where there were shitty elves? yeah. am i wrong? nah

Dex-chan lover
@ArisenDresden
i mean
your theory is explicitly proven wrong later, but
she's the data point. not the number of times she was neglected. there's no question she got treated really badly.

but it's always weird to watch people generalize behavior onto a whole race/group based on the behavior of a very limited subset

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka im glad im proven wrong. i have nothing against elves just for being elves but they are very frequently written to be incredibly annoying, pompous, arrogant pricks.

Dex-chan lover
@ArisenDresden
oh no doubt. you might want to take a look at this, where that is both confirmed and inverted. it's a nice read

https://mangadex.org/title/37911/elf-boyfriend-boyish-girlfriend

Dex-chan lover
Cursed? Surely you jest, you stanky dark elf. Neph is the luckiest elf that has ever lucked.

Fed-Kun's army
A new challenger has arrived! It’s a scumbag elf whose only goal in life is to harass Nephie! Looks like they need a good killing, to join the rest of Nephie’s village in the afterlife

@Walter_vi_Britannia I'll try it out sometime thanks for the recommendation. :D
Hmm IMO the cardinal doesnt really count as he is more of a trash mob like the bandits (also MC didnt fight him haha). Well maybe they will change it up a bit once the MC's party reaches a certain number we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
@ArisenDresden Potimas is the first major villain from Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
Great novel and manga...but really shit villains who make you infuriated...but I guess that's a good thing? Well, at the end of the day the MC herself is the biggest villain which is way more satisfying than any infuriating thing the villains could do.

@Aterian_AR But isn't Potimas technically not an elf? I feel like the elves in Kumo Desu ga shouldn't really be considered the same as the elves in the rest of the fantasy novels. (Or any of the monsters in Kumo Desu ga Nani ka for that matter.)
I feel like Arisen's ingrained hate for elves won't translate to the elves there since they're all special cases and its all the fault of one being, Potimas.

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia Potimas is human and he control his body at distance. The elven in "Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?" Are all created by him, they are like clone used as a safety device in case the body he control die.
his real body is kept inside his main base. He is literaly the one who cosed the old world to be destructed, and created the first génération of half human half monster, like the loli demon lord.

>"By the way, I'm the one who brewed the tea"

Okay you won this time author.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow, I can see Raphael will become a doting grandpa for Fol.

Users who are viewing this thread