Maou Reijou no Shikousha - Ch. 6 - Look at Me for What I Am

Dex-chan lover
I feel that I must point out that humans are required to kill things to survive as well. Others have pointed out that (unless the lore is specifically murder fetish bull shit that absolutely requires the vampire to literally kill whatever they get blood from... At which point it is more apt to say that they are "soul" suckers than "blood" suckers) most vampires would easily be capable of surviving off of blood extracted via "other means" than their teeth draining the entire body (i.e. killing). Even Buffy the Vampire Slayer allowed vampires to drink from blood bags, and they were the literal antithesis of the series (other than <spoiler>).

Humans require murder to live? you might ask. Think ANY meat, any root vegetables, most leafy vegetables, any fruit (you're eating the plants offspring), any seed (same as before; this includes grain), and my mind is blanking on other "foods".
Quite literally, the only thing(s) we can eat that doesn't directly kill are unfertilized eggs, some leafy greens that don't require the entire plant, and various milks so long as the infant animal is fed enough. ... I am open to suggestions on other examples.

So, if that is her and/or humanity's reason for fearing and hating her, humans, at least, need to take a deep look at how they survive.
And, if they fear and hate her because of something that a long gone being did... They, AGAIN, need to take a DEEP look at their own species, neighbors, local power(s), national power(s), and selves. Outside of the clear fallacy that is religion, there does not exist a human that is "perfect" and "unerring" and, given time and circumstance, everyone is prone to doing something that we don't want others to know.
The people who feared and therefore attacked the MC simply because of his parents stupidity (I could say more, but this is getting long enough) are, at least in my mind, no better than his parents who literally murdered someone... If not WORSE because at least his parents gave their murder victim the "sweet release of death" while those who tortured the innocent MC are, well, torturing him...

Dex-chan lover
Am I supposed to believe that people cruel enough to burn both of her parents alive and then cut her wings off just left her alive? They were even screaming that they need to kill her, what the hell happened?

It feel that while writing this, the plot is secondary and the main priority is that edge. Though it was already clear after the second chapter with this shit:

9Ah4ij5.png

Dex-chan lover
...Why? We hold blood drives for blood giving. Why can't vampires survive off that? There's plenty of ways to get blood that don't involve non-consensual acts or murder.

EDIT: After double-checking, I also don't see where it says only human blood, meaning she can survive off the blood of animals. Meaning that livestock takes on double value if they serve the meat to humans and blood to vampires. There's ways around this roadblock.
In page 4, it is implied that the true ancestor have violent tendency.

Quoting the pege it said

"...Attacked all living creatures with blood in their veins"

This make their nature questionable. And i pick the assumption that it is in their nature to seek blood and violence. Like maybe they biologically doesn't need the blood, but they just carving for bloodshed.

And if that is their nature, logic and reasoning can only get her so far. After all, a certain scorpio still stung his frog partner even though he need the frog to cross the water. Drowning both of them.

Of course that's just my assumption. ⚰️

Dex-chan lover
Well, shit. I think they just cemented a best girl here. No wonder the princess was concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread