Maou Reijou no Shikousha - Ch. 6 - Look at Me for What I Am

Dex-chan lover
After reading frieren, i just think that. Some creature just fundamentally can't coexist.

If she really can't live without human blood, she is fundamentally not fit in human society.
...Why? We hold blood drives for blood giving. Why can't vampires survive off that? There's plenty of ways to get blood that don't involve non-consensual acts or murder.

EDIT: After double-checking, I also don't see where it says only human blood, meaning she can survive off the blood of animals. Meaning that livestock takes on double value if they serve the meat to humans and blood to vampires. There's ways around this roadblock.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I have to be honest to myself, that exchange between these two was kinda cringey. But I know they went through a violent form of discrimination their entire life until now. To be treated this way just because of the sins of the ones before them is really unjustified. Now I can't wait for the next chapters to see how Rurunoa will react when she finds out that Zera and Ryuto are now closer to each other than than Rurunoa is to Ryuto.

Dex-chan lover
Why wouldn't she be able to stay in the demon kingdom if her identity was revealed? Is she pretending to be some other type of demon? They obviously don't think she's human.

Unless she thinks "oh no, the demons won't accept me if they know I was... persecuted by humans for being a demon", which is ridiculous.

Dex-chan lover
Why wouldn't she be able to stay in the demon kingdom if her identity was revealed? Is she pretending to be some other type of demon? They obviously don't think she's human.

Unless she thinks "oh no, the demons won't accept me if they know I was... persecuted by humans for being a demon", which is ridiculous.
It think it's because of how vampires were 'previously' humans once that she feared the demons won't accept her, but other than that, yeah, I just don't see much sense in her logic if the demons know that much already.

Dex-chan lover
...Why? We hold blood drives for blood giving. Why can't vampires survive off that? There's plenty of ways to get blood that don't involve non-consensual acts or murder.

EDIT: After double-checking, I also don't see where it says only human blood, meaning she can survive off the blood of animals. Meaning that livestock takes on double value if they serve the meat to humans and blood to vampires. There's ways around this roadblock.
What's more, she clearly fed on the blood of the orc that attacked them, further proving that she, in fact, is not dependant on human blood but can in fact feed on the blood of pretty much any living being.

The main difference in here with the demons from Frieren, is that demons are explicitely stated to be monsters devoid of the actual concept of emotions humanoid have, and have in fact evolved in the forms they have as mimicry to more easily approach humans, their main source of food. Demons in Frieren are fundamentally different from vampires in this story, from what we can see so far.

Users who are viewing this thread