Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - A Sudden Visit at Late Night? (2)

Fed-Kun's army
@cor3zone
I'm asking in the hopes that I don't have to-- honestly, you guys aren't even close to being toxic enough to warrant getting a strike on your account or having the comments fullsale moderated. You're being really restrained as far as internet arguments go, this just really isn't the place for the discussion. Just having a mod post saying "hey guys, let's keep the discussion on-topic" or you taking it private is more than enough.

And just so I'm not being a hypocrite here, in regards to the chapter I'm curious where exactly the hero storyline is supposed to go, if anywhere. Doesn't just seem to be there for gags anymore, now that we're getting more about them.

Dex-chan lover
Eating sweets in the dead of night? This loli maou suffers from a lack of parenting.

aaaaa while this was pretty comfy, the incident with the witch could have gone extremely bad if none of them could communicate with each other :x

Probably a pipe dream given how this manga has been going, but I'd really like the MC to start learning how to say more than just names... I don't think it takes away from the premise of the series either - I'd really want to see how he deals with the language barrier and understand Mary better through simple, jagged conversations; it would add depth to their relationship beyond just 'caring about each other'.

Double-page supporter
Missing translation on page 11, "ナイスだ ゴーレムくん" "nice, golem-kun"

Dex-chan lover
Well she used to sneak out in the middle of the night to secretly care for another pet. So it’s only fair if our college MC make her jealous too right?

about the note at the beggining of the chapter, I'm honestly not surprised it's doing poorly, while the concept is very clever it can easily stagnate if they keep not understanding each other at all, which is exactly what is going on, this would be far more interesting if they would show slowly but surely began to have verbal communication either the dude learning the other world's language or the demon lord the dude's language but they have not gone further than just names.

Group Leader
If I were in his position, I'll just turn my body and hug her from behind as we sleep soundly through the night.

@vetom89 It is extremely hard to learn a new language especially if you don't have something to connect a word with. You'd need someone to teach you or see that person point to what they mean.

@AcKyuubi it's hard but not impossible I grew up in a mexican town were there's a lot of retired americans in fact it was the biggest colony of retirees in latin american in the early 90's, I know about language barries, and I can assure you pointing and object and telling it's name is already a big help, especially when you are young, name association and repeating and practicing should already make you at least understand most words, ever seen the movie 13 warriors? it's exagerated but it shows an actual valid method of learning a language, just listen atentively and watch the reactions in a conversation, I myself started to understand english when I was 8 years but couldn't really speak it until I was 11.
So as someone who has actually lived this situation I can assure you in real life the dude or the queen should at least understand more words at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Those cookies will learn the language before Ren does.

Dex-chan lover
I thought Ren hasn't been here long, although slime had enough time to grow up. Thanks for the translations!!! 🌹🌹🌹

Users who are viewing this thread