Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - I Could Understand Her Words (1)

Fed-Kun's army
Like most iseakai, Grandma-san is either dead, far away (quest time) or another Japanese person summoned. If it's the last choice -- then she's going to be too old to remember things (this IS a comedy, right?). If she's dead then slave girl will show MC an urn...

Dex-chan lover
If her grandma is Japanese, and she's a demi-human, her grandma must've been a furry ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Kevadu Slavery became "increasing uncommon" in the middle ages, but it was still alive and well (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_medieval_Europe).

Whether we like to admit it or not, slavery has been a major part of every large civilization since before written records were kept. Even the ideas of democracy and freedom we are so fond of were thought up by men who had too much free time because they lived off the work of their slaves.

The premise is cute, but at this rate he should've already learned more words in the local language than just "Mary".

Contributor
When custom categories finally become a thing in v5 (Coming SoonTM), I'm going to file this series under [Comments Are More Entertaining].

Dex-chan lover
There's also the "slaves in all but name" that where the serfs. The only difference is that they could only be sold together with the land they lived in.

perverted slave demi human girl ? i thought we were more original than this .....

Dex-chan lover
Dumber than a slave smh.
Don't get triggered now, but I'm being sarcastic and I'm just assuming because he's from modern times VS a medieval/fantasy slave.
Yeah, he really should have learned a couple of words by now or have a way to communicate some things already. Even cavemen might've done way better than him!

at this point people are just waiting the new chapter to look for something to bitch about xD

Dex-chan lover
@OperationMindcrime lol, i know, right? I have had this argument in another manga's comment section. People just want to believe in their "enlightened noble times" and not see the shit that built and maintained it. Every country on the planet has some form of slavery. Even the USA. In the US, we use criminals for slave labor. Oh, sorry, we pay them $.40 an hour so it doesn't technically count as slavery. Totally not slaves! Plus there is the human trafficking issues and sex work.

The only difference between ancient times and now is the chains are invisible. Usually. I am beginning to think that it is just part of human nature. We will probably never be free of it, even in a post scarcity society. Humans desire control above all things.

Double-page supporter
pfft I thought he finally learned a couple of words, but no, its just somehow in this vast unknown world he came across someone who could also speak Japanese. what are the odds

Users who are viewing this thread