Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
The name reminds me of Atelier Rorona game.

@AlmondMagnum - because MC doesn't want a factory town inhabited by only demihumans. Any goods made in the dungeon are only as good as the customers they attract. And customers are only as good as their emotions that feed the dungeon. For him, wholesale exports are pure loss.

This is really a disappointing adaptation. Making Procell look so shaky and unsure VISIBLY to his negotiation partners. Head down in between his folded hands? Really? I can't keep going on with this.

Double-page supporter
What I don't understand tho, is why he didn't set his dungeon core behind the same set of trap he used against the other demon girl previously. You can build a city on top, just bury your damn core behind three layers of corridor full of golem wielding full automatic gun.
At least if someone try to threaten your city or stumble into the core vicinity they won't escape alive.

And the artist messed up big time. I mean okay you want to express your MC being cornered. But ffs if he REALLY did that in that conversation, he would have been basically admitting the city was a dungeon.

Dex-chan lover
This is some artificially created tension like really he basically admitted the city was dungeon.

This went from interesting to pretty meh real quick.

Dex-chan lover
Being honest that "sacred sword" there may be powerfull but would be useless in attacking the city since as soon as the owner started using it they would be headshoted by some sniper.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, having also read the novel like a bunch else here im jumping on the "why in hell did they change it" bandwagon. There was no need whatso ever to change this encounter to make the MC look weaker when a large point of the series is that process also has to be smart and deliberate about his shit.

Double-page supporter
"Do not underestimate us"
Cue cringe. This guy looks like something straight out of edgy hentai the manga. Most of this manga has been fairly generic, this chapter was downright awful. They had literally nothing but random rumors and I doubt anyone will notice two missing dead merchants. And rumors spawn spectators, none of which would buy that rando bullshit. Talk about contrived.

Is there any relevance in this being a shared universe to "Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi" (or is it even true?) since the WN has like 0 relevance to each other, right?

@mahtan

Remember, this is a fantasy world and that sword is her finest creation. Unless the novels stated otherwise, I'm pretty sure that sword would have special abilities such as magical enchantments that protect the user from any attacks or is capable of cutting a mountain in two from several miles away. Obviously, if the user of that sword is so easily defeated, I highly doubt a master dwarven smith would call it the "culmination of her best work", especially since she was the one that created all those powerful guns in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
There were certainly ways they could have changed up that negotiation from the WN so that Procell was in control but suddenly was caught off guard, have Wright & El come in and bail him out & El gets her name, without making Procell look like he never thought about someone pointing out the oddities of his city.

Or you know, had looked like more than a 13 year old doing his first negotiation with an adult (I want to play poker with this version of Procell, jeez!).

Agreed on other comments too. What kind of argument is "you are a dungeon, a murderous collection of monsters, that is faking as a peaceful city! Now give us concessions or we'll tell!"? That's either laughably disprovable ("uhm, you are all obviously alive and unattacked... and you aren't in a tower, castle or cave. who ever heard of an open air dungeon town?") or amazingly stupid to point out ("oh you figured it out. Kill them and disappear the bodies").

Group Leader
This merchant story is garbage. I wanted to like this manga but it took a nose dive. The merchants got nothing but rumor mongering and bluffing about stealing the way they make items (so sell us the details now or you'll regret it!). Only a child would be bullied this way. The merchant wants to go schoolyard bully on a demon lord, the demon lord has the option to go yakuza on them.

And who the fukk gives so many benefits in an amazingly located city. The city is built on a road laid with golden bricks. Which ever merchant establishes first will have an advantage in and of itself! You don't need to give them a free shop, self-powered vehicle (that doesnt exist anywhere else, this is priceless to a merchant), and be tax-free? Just give him the city. Beta MC? No, I think we found a new low.

Users who are viewing this thread