Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
@Blackheart9009
@Wataterp
@Syanalassa

Unless there’s an issue with the translation to begin, Synalassa’s interpretation is the most correct. Somehow, the world they are in is being referred to as a star by the creator and that all Demon Lord powers are closely tied to the world’s memories Akashic Records.

Procell is special in that sense as per the novel, but that should already be obvious even if I don’t spoil what I’m referring to.

Edit: btw, it may seem as if the world may have been Earth in the past based on the flow of the conversation, but in fact it’s tied to the world’s “memories”. That can also mean that this knowledge may have been brought into the world through external factors such as transmigrators or reincarnators, though I’m not necessarily implying that is the case for this story. Just food for thought.

Dex-chan lover
@wahyurockajn
@Wataterp

The creator is by no means a nice guy.
He is pretty much just a really old man who is bored of everything and does whatever he wants to get his jollies.
To give a few examples.
For one, he knows that his rules are full of loopholes.
He intentionally designs them that way so that it's more fun for him when somebody finds a way to abuse the system.
His punishments are usually pretty extreme if you somehow manage to break his rules, but he wont give you a quick death as that's getting away easy and makes the number of "interesting" people go down.
Also, Stolas is right, reincarnation is indeed a trap and has some pretty serious downsides that the MC was never told about... because he "forgot" to do it...
Now, because of the MC´s personality its, not a huge problem...but for another demonlords, it could have been.

The downside to the reincarnation medal is...
That it makes the creature reincarnated subconsciously rebellious and does allow the monster to ignore the master's orders if it chooses too.
This effectively allows the monster to go out of control if the owner mistreats it, and it even has the potential to kill the owner if it gets bad enough.
This makes reincarnation a double-edged sword as you can´t make the monster do something it wouldn't want to do, or you risk getting killed by your own monsters.
instead of a loyal slave, you have to treat it like a servent, something that not every demon lord is going to do...
There are some pretty fucked up demon lords out there... let me tell ya...

With how "nice" the MC is to his monsters, this is most likely never going to be a problem with Duke.
However...
He does use another reincarnation medalion later in the story on somebody else, who could(but still pretty unlikely )

Dex-chan lover
@REDS

True, I have seen a few novels that use the term as such. After all, it’s likely the way they address planets and stars as celestial bodies in general.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid
it may seem as if the world may have been Earth in the past based on the flow of the conversation, but in fact it’s tied to the world’s “memories”. That can also mean that this knowledge may have been brought into the world through external factors such as transmigrators or reincarnators, though I’m not necessarily implying that is the case for this story. Just food for thought.

I think its the former. Having it be another isekai is just lazy writing, even though I enjoy isekai.

Double-page supporter
plot twist: The creator is the same one who reincarnated a lot in the authors other stories. He did it differently cause its fun and would be boring if it is the same as his other "projects" .

"Oh a great sage died and has a inter*ahem* dangerous reincarnation project? lets intervene to make it successful. be careful what you wish for....."

make that guy wish to reincarnate come true but let make it multiple times .....again be careful what you wish for.

This guy is an expert in pastries , let reincarnate him to develop pastries .....not like I want to eat them delic*ahem* I want food wars ....yes ....that is why.

Also possible the gods/goddesses of the Earth(one where the reincarnated are from) advised him to knock it off with abductions and he compromised by settling for memories no souls involved.

Double-page supporter
This makes everything even more interesting. An isekai that's not really an isekai. It seems Procell is really a newly created being by the Creator, implanted with memories of earth. So things related to any earthly things, Procell has familiarity with despite never having actually grown up on earth or having a previous life on earth, because in a sense he is all things of humanity incarnate.

Aside from this, I hope Ronove gets a good life after this. He got the really shitty end of everything. A parent demon lord who abandoned him, betrayed by his alliance members, lost all of his demon companions that were really his only friends, etc. He wasn't necessarily a bad guy at all, just a guy who got stuck in a really shitty situation. Hope the best for him.

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea whats happening anymore but I'm gonna trust the comments know what they're talking about

All this discussion about the meaning of "star". As others have stated, the Japanese language refers to both planets and stars as "stars". Even the Greeks refer to the planets as planētes asteres ("wandering stars").

By "star", they mean the planet itself, which seems to be heavily implied to be Earth, long after modern humanity has collapsed and been forgotten.

Fed-Kun's army
HOOOOOOO! he can turn into a cool old man!
also...the whole unrelated female calling you daddy is kind of...naughty isn't it? just my imagination? ok

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal you don't need to tag me bro as i have read the novel till the latest chapter
and the reincarnation mc used it twice so far one for wigh and the other is for marco ? the wolf girl that is mc mom kinda funny as he bang her and make her pregnant

Can this still be called an "Isekai" if the world is actually not another world?

Also, the fact that Earth is called a star is not unusual. In ancient times, the other planets that were visible from Earth (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn) were perceived to be stars that moved, in contrast to the stars that stayed still in constellations. The word "planet" or in Greek "πλανήτης" (planḗtēs) itself means wanderer, which referred to the objects that looked like stars but moved.

Double-page supporter
Gonna miss skelebro but still cool badass old man are always appreciated.

@boag yeah, I found out after I posted that there'd been more to the conversation than just your post. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread