Maou to Ore no Hangyakuki - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Assault Mission: Fortress City

Dex-chan lover
Did someone say...

GURELLA WAREFARE?!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Dex-chan lover
>Bomb Collars

76640-dead_money_02.jpg

Also, did the hang them because they didn't have enough bomb collars? Otherwise, it's a stupid tactic because you'd want more cannon fodder, especially if you're going to haphazardly execute your own men like that. Learn from the Imperial Guard, only execute your own men when you have an excessive amount of manpower to do so.

Dex-chan lover
They have concentration camps. They have mechs. This is just Wolfenstein.

From now on, I shall refer to MC as Blazcowitz.

Dex-chan lover
these kind of stories where they popup one new secret skill or item after the other is so boring these days, espescially with how the scale don't work.

@larcek
yeah its like the author is simply churning these plot devices out as butter. we never get emotionally invested and it all feels very artificial

Dex-chan lover
@pandatime You know that wont happen. Either the cannon becomes unusable (broken, out of mana, etc...), or they destroy it. Any other outcome where they now posses it ends this story since that is essentially the "big stick" in this battle. At most, small skirmishes here and there where anything large enough to warrant its use will be gone from the story. You dont full on attack the enemy with everything if they have their hands on the "nuke button" unless you have nothing else to lose. Humans being the dominant species (atm) likely will never get to be that desperate.

So just using the cannon repeatedly to eliminate their military power (on either side) on a large scale is all this story takes to end the main plot points. We went from just finally getting to work on organization and building up military power to end game battle where everything gets decided. This cannon, with its full continent range and a massive AOE of destruction which even the demon lord cant completely defend against, is not how you add longevity to a story.

Dex-chan lover
you know what better than ultra big waste of energy slow charging weapon?

guerilla warfare

Either this story ends quickly and abruptly with the cannon business, or it continues with the reign of the "inhumans" and whatever happens after that.

Judging from the design of the fortress city's gate, perhaps its name is meant to be Kabbalah? It's not the actual design, but the way it uses circles and lines seems like it was inspired as such.

Users who are viewing this thread